Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Indy White Castles offering Candlelit Valentine Dinners

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Indy White Castles offering Candlelit Valentine Dinners

Indiana people are such romantics. This'll really impress your significant other. :mhcky21:

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com...m.asp?id=12756

Indianapolis Area White Castles Offer Candlelight Dinner INDIANAPOLIS, Jan. 20 -- Got a steamy night planned for St. Valentine's Day? White Castle offers customers the opportunity to crave some love while they love the crave at eight Indianapolis area locations on Monday, February 14.

Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., cravers will be greeted at the door by a host and taken to their own candle-lit table with decorations and table covers. They will receive table service complete with wait staff. Reservations are required.

"We hear many stories from married cravers for whom White Castle is a special part of their lives together, be it because they met at a White Castle or because when they were young it was a fun place to go that they could afford and it has remained so for them. With this history of 'royal' love affairs, a special Valentine's Day dinner at White Castle is a natural fit," said Sandy Miller, area supervisor in Indianapolis. "This is the first year we have offered reserved seating for Valentine's Day dinners. It is our pleasure to offer this fun event for our loyal customers."

Eight locations in the Indianapolis area will offer special table service on Valentine's Day: 102 West 16th Street, 5501 West 38th Street, 5301 West Washington, and 55 West South Street in Indianapolis; 10705 East U.S. Highway 36 in Avon; 6070 Cambridge Way in Plainfield; 105 Sheek Road in Greenwood and 960 North Green Street in Brownsburg.

Reservations are made by calling (317) 269-4590 before 4:00 p.m. Friday, February 11.

White Castle is based in Columbus, Ohio, and operates 394 restaurants in 11 states. The company was founded in Wichita, Kansas in 1921, and was the first fast-food hamburger chain. White Castle operates 38 restaurants in the Indianapolis area and has been a proud part of the community since 1927. For more information on White Castle, visit http://www.whitecastle.com .
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Indy White Castles offering Candlelit Valentine Dinners

:MandJ:

For a Level Playing Field

Well... I know that all of my past girlfriends and my wife might not find that too romantic. I highly doubt that there would be "love in the air" when we got home from our Valentine's Day White Castle dinner. And I wouldn't blame her! Now from the male perspective... a lady friend who would enjoy this and get romantic over it... probably not my type!

I'll stick to roses and the Italian dinner thing.

Well 66, I guess I'm not the girl for you. I think it's a hoot.

Of course I'm not into the whole Valentine's Day crap. Treat me like I'm special every day, not just on a few Hallmark holidays each year.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Well 66, I guess I'm not the girl for you. I think it's a hoot.

Of course I'm not into the whole Valentine's Day crap. Treat me like I'm special every day, not just on a few Hallmark holidays each year.
    Oops... sorry, creek! I actually like the sliders. The wife won't touch 'em! She thinks I might poison our dog when I give "the spoiled brat" a bite or two. We have a good laugh about it! I have to admit that I always go a bit overboard on V-Day.

Your last sentence is something we all should live by with our significant other. Gotta run for a minute. I think someone needs a peck on the cheek...

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Gotta run for a minute. I think someone needs a peck on the cheek...
    Good for you!!
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I think I saw at our local McDonalds here in Sterling, Va that they were doing something like that. If I offered my wife a candlelit dinner at Mickey D's should would probably slug me.

I think this could actually be incredibly romantic, just not in a Hallmark kind of way. But then I always thought an afternoon of kite flying would be a perfect first date.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Not to be a suck-up, but any time I get to spend with the spousal unit is good.

We have a good time going to the grocery store, she'll go to Lowes with me for lumber, we sometimes drive together to take a child somewhere just for the company, etc etc. I think White Castles on VD would be a hoot. We go somewhere nice for Valentines, but then I try to get her out somewhere nice as often as a I can. I'm lucky, my wife is my best friend.

It's the every-day kindnesses that are the most important. Small nice things done quietly go a long way with us.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I wonder if they have a travel agency next to this White Castles, where you can plan a Wedding/Honeymoon/Fishing Trip?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Turn Off Ads?