Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things I Wanna Do Before I Die.

Things I Wanna Do Before I Die.

Sorry for the morbid title, and in case you're wondering, the answer is no...I'm not planning on dying anytime soon.

Thing is, I always think about stuff I wanna do in life, and just saying that I wanna do it before the Big Sleep ensues gives me some kinda copout, or opt out or something like that. Gives me a little time to put stuff off, which seems to be my favorite time killer these days. Lately, I've been doing the usual. Ya know. Sitting 'round talking about the old days and the crazy stuff I USED to do. Now, don't go getting the idea that I'm some kinda lump or something. I'm a pretty high energy guy, but life's not been necessarily jazzin' me these days. It's winter, so there's no baseball, or good touring bands. I just feel like I've been watching things go bye, and it's starting to bug me a little. Life's pretty good considering that I'm basically an uneducated rube hayseed kinda cat. I own a condo, a couple of cars, a totally bossed out Pit Bull, a bunch of records, a great girlfriend, and a buncha friends I don't see or talk to very much, and business that at least pays my mortgage.

What's the problem, then?

The answer to that isn't as simple as I'd like it to be, I guess. Maybe being thirty is causing me to have some kinda premature mid life crisis (that's what my shrink told me anyway, and he laughed at me...Come to think of it, he laughs at me alot, and I'm starting to think maybe I'm not going crazy, but that's another story).

Whatever...Here's the stuff I wanna do. Feel free to comment, or even better, post a list of your own. I think it would be kinda cool if you did, but don't feel too overly obligated or anything.

1. Start my own Tiki Bar/Occasional Rock N' Roll club. Since the Kahiki closed it's doors for the final time (which kinda symbolized the end of my younger days), this town has been sorely lacking anything of substance. I mean that. You could plop yourself down at the Kahiki Outrigger Bar, talk to the parrot, order yourself up a Backscratcher, and just take it easy. The Sunday brunch was to die for. I know I couldn't do anything to that grande of a scale, but I could do something that captured the essense of what it meant to be at the Kahiki, and once a month, I could book some kinda blowout Rock show. What a GAS!

2. Start that band that me and my friends have been talking about for going on three years now. Problem with that is, I don't really play an instrument or anything, but my friend Jim, and his grilfriend have been or still are in bands and would love it if I fronted a little side project type thing with them. I can bark 'em out with the best of 'em, and I think I could write some lyrics that would crack people up, and I wouldn't be afraid to flop around on stage and make a fool of myself. It'd probably be a grade A hoot.

3. Coach Little League. Kids rule in my book, and I think it would be fun to go out and hang with 'em. Teach 'em about the game and stuff. I think it would be awesome to coach a team chock full of on base machines that love to go out there, wear the uniform the right way, play hard and not argue with umpires. My team would be a model for good sportsmanship, all the while having a totally boss time, win or lose. Man...That would be great. Of course, none of them would bunt. I hate bunts. I'd just tell 'em to get a good pitch and rip at it. Swing from the heels and run as fast as they can. I could also take them to Reds games and stuff. Yeah!

4. Travel, travel, travel. Four hundred year old houses in Europe? I wanna be there. Scuba diving with Great White Sharks in Australia (I'm a certified SCUBA diver, btw...It's been a great pickup line for me)? I'm there. Sushi in Japan? Yup! That's for me. Hanging out at the Villa Velour, home of the immortal Edgar Leeteg of Tahiti? I'm sooo freaking there! Surfing in Africa with monkies? Oooooohhhhh....It happens and I wanna do that.

I'm sure there's other stuff, like going to the World Series again, but I can't control that.

I just wanna get out and live life like it should be lived. I guess it's not that crazy of a notion.

Once again, feel free to post your goals, dreams and perspirations.

Otherwise, I'm gonna go back to feeling crazy again.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Things I Wanna Do Before I Die.

I wanna ride a bicycle across Europe and run the big 10-K in Nassau, Bahamas. But mostly I wanna live a life that I will look back when I am old and feel I made the right decisions.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Damn, I'm sooo boring.....
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

bomarl1969

1. Open/operate my own gym/boxing club.

2. Pay off my home loan in about 11-13 years.

3. Someday have a son.

4. See the original Motley Crue (which I plan to do this year) and hopefully one day see an original G N R reunion tour.

5. Witness the Cincinnati Bengals make the playoffs and eventually win a Super Bowl.

Kick Orenthal James Simpson in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    Kick Orenthal James Simpson in the nuts.

:MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:

OMG, that was hilarious.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Hap -

Have you ever heard Chris Rock's stand-up on the OJ thing? It's phenomenal.

"Now, I'm not sayin that I'd have killed 'em...But I understand."

Buy a camp on a small lake somewhere that I can someday retire to.

(Katie Hepburn on Golden Pond ....... that's what I want).

I've had such a grand life I almost feel guilty wishing for more.

However, I hope to live long enough to see my grandchildren. I would love to be able to retire near a warm beach.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Oh and then there is the whole Adam thing...
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Honestly, I would like to take my kids on a vacation to Europe and let them see a bunch of stuff I got to see when I was younger thanks to my parents. I would also like to visit Australia and Africa again, but my wife wouldn't go for Africa. I want to go to a bunch of places I went to as a kid to see if my memory of them is the same as the way they are.

I think my only shot is to be on the Amazing Race, my wife doesn't like travel overseas.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

1. Touch a piecred Bellybutton
    2. Yell at John Allen face to face.
    3. Run for a political office.

Probably won't get a chance to do any of them.

You could yell at John Allen, I see him at ballgames all the time.

I don't yell at him, though. I just usually say "Hi John Allen!".
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I want to go to Antarctica. I've looked into it a little ... it's expensive as all get out, and it's a long trip. But one day, I would love to go.

I'd also like to see Mt. Everest. I don't want to climb it, I just want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    I want to go to Antarctica. I've looked into it a little ... it's expensive as all get out, and it's a long trip. But one day, I would love to go.

I'd also like to see Mt. Everest. I don't want to climb it, I just want to see it.

Antarctica? You could just pitch a tent outside your apartment complex now through next weekend and you'd save a bunch of money.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?