Turn Off Ads?

Thread: New Ashton Kutcher reality show

New Ashton Kutcher reality show

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20050122/110646180000.html

WB, Ashton Kutcher Plot Reality Show

Take seven brainy nerds and seven dim beauties, add Ashton Kutcher as a matchmaker and what do you get? A television reality series, of course. Kutcher, the brains behind MTV's "Punk'd," is producing the new series for the WB network this summer.

The goal of "Beauty and the Geek" is to couple seemingly mismatched pairs and see which can work best together, said David Janollari, the network's entertainment president, on Saturday.

"It's really looking at stereotypes of people and how we look at beautiful women and not-so-beautiful men," he said.

They will go through a series of competitions: combining wits on a camping trip, learning how to dance and working at a deli (the guys help the girls figure out how to make change).

"Beauty and the Geek" joins NBC's "Tommy Lee Goes to College" as the two most colorful reality series planned by the networks this summer. The NBC series follows the rock star as he enrolls in college in Nebraska.

The WB is trying to recover from a down year in both ratings and buzz among its youthful target audience. Its hottest series now is the young drama "One Tree Hill."

Within the next two months, the network will bring back the drama "Summerland," introduce a reality series, "Starlet," where aspiring actresses are put through a boot camp run by actress Faye Dunaway, and start a comedy, "Living with Fran," with actress Fran Drescher playing a divorcee with a boyfriend who's in his mid-20s.

That's exactly the target age group the network is seeking to broaden its reach.

"We don't want to be seen as just a teenage network," said Garth Ancier, the WB's chief executive.
    Last edited by Chip R; 01-23-2005 at 11:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New Ashton Kutcher reality show

I never really cared much for Ashton Kutcher. That type of humor doesn't do much for me. I watched The Butterfly Effect this weekend. It was great! Loved that movie. He did real well in it.

Most of the time I don't feel old.

I don't get Ashton Kutcher.

So maybe I am old after all.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14

I don't get Ashton Kutcher.

Although I dare say he has nearly the charisma and acting chops of Keanu.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Within the next two months, the network will bring back the drama "Summerland," introduce a reality series, "Starlet," where aspiring actresses are put through a boot camp run by actress Faye Dunaway

NO MORE WIRE HANGERS.....EVER!
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Although I dare say he has nearly the charisma and acting chops of Keanu.
    Or for us older folk... Erik Estrada.

Or... Tony Danza.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I get that teen girls think Ashton is cute and network execs want teen girls to watch shows that he is in.

I don't get why network execs allow him to develop shows of his own.

And I bet Chip thinks this is important because Ashton is the favorite son of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I get that teen girls think Ashton is cute and network execs want teen girls to watch shows that he is in.

I don't get why network execs allow him to develop shows of his own.

And I bet Chip thinks this is important because Ashton is the favorite son of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
    You know, I didn't even know he was from Iowa until I read an article in Rolling Stone about him a couple of years ago.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

For a Level Playing Field

I always hoped that Ashton and his "Punk'd" crew would pull a stunt on someone like Don King or any rapper. Be interesting to see what is left after the guns, knives and other weapons are put away... and the gunsmoke clears.

Now that would be a show that I would call "must see TV". :gac:

Turn Off Ads?