Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Baby Names of 2004

Re: Top Baby Names of 2004

Mr creek wanted to name creek jr "Arthur". Arthur?!?! I wanted to name him "Chase". We rejected each others choices.

He also nixed Simeon and Cameron. My mom gave a big :thumbdown to Ian. She had been a 1st grade teacher for 30 years and said on the playgound the other kids would call him Peein' Ian.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    You just made me think of Blazing Saddles, whenever the town people of Rock Ridge mention Randolph Scott - great stuff!
    Randolph Scott?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I'm rather partial to the name Emily myself. They can't blame me for the drop to No. 3

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30077

And with names like Helen Isabelle, Sadie Pearl, and Minnie Mae in the family, we pick our own
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I suggested the name Angus to my wife when we had our second. Didn't even get time to pass through her brain before it was rejected.
    Yeah, I like Angus too - although I'm not scottish. I also like the name Zachary, but that has now been a fav of everyone which kinda sux.

For girls I like the name Soda. Soda Puffy. Has a nice ring to it.

OK, I'm single and its way too early for me to be thinking of baby names so I shall now bow out of these discussions gracefully.

Peace.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

There are a lot of folks in the US who aspire to get back to their real or imagined Irish roots and selecting classic Irish names for the children seems like a great way to do it.
    My neighbor..... 2 kids, Rowan and Teague

My grandma really wanted to name my mom Frederika Wilhemina, but my grandpa shot it down. To this day my mom wonders what my grandma was thinking on that one.

We have a tradition in my family where we name the oldest son after the first name of the father's father and then the middle name is the last name of the mother's family.

My dad's first name was Benito. My mother's last name was Mussilino. They decided against naming me Benito Mussilino.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    We have a tradition in my family where we name the oldest son after the first name of the father's father and then the middle name is the last name of the mother's family.

My dad's first name was Benito. My mother's last name was Mussilino. They decided against naming me Benito Mussilino.
    My mom's side has this odd tradition of naming the males the same first name for at least one male in every generation, but keeping different middle names, so that there isn't any "Juniors" or "Thirds" around.

Makes it a little odd because you have four generations at a reunion and everyone of them has the same first name.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    My mom's side has this odd tradition of naming the males the same first name for at least one male in every generation, but keeping different middle names, so that there isn't any "Juniors" or "Thirds" around.

Makes it a little odd because you have four generations at a reunion and everyone of them has the same first name.

We have, or I should say, had that tradition as well, Josh, or at least some form of it. I am the 4th generation of Tony in our family, ie. my great grandfather's name was Anthony, my grandfather's name was Antonio, my fathers name is Anthony and my name is Anthony. We all go by "Tony" and we all have different middle names. I opted not to name either of my sons Tony because I like to be a little more original and don't like following the leader...I did give my second born the middle name of Antonio after my grandfather, who died the day we found out my wife was pregnant. That was a crazy day, emotionally.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    We have, or I should say, had that tradition as well, Josh, or at least some form of it. I am the 4th generation of Tony in our family, ie. my great grandfather's name was Anthony, my grandfather's name was Antonio, my fathers name is Anthony and my name is Anthony. We all go by "Tony". I opted not to name either of my sons Tony because I like to be a little more original and don't like following the leader...I did give my second born the middle name of Antonio after my grandfather, who died the day we found out my wife was pregnant. That was a crazy day, emotionally.
    Wow, no kidding, talk about a roller coaster of a day

My wife wants to name our next one Aiden if it's a boy. I'll have to show her this link.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Minor tangent, but still related.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...eut/index.html
    Reporter fired for baby Yahoo hoax

BUCHAREST, Romania (Reuters) -- A Romanian tabloid says it has fired a reporter for making up a story about a couple who named their son Yahoo as a sign of gratitude for meeting over the Internet.

Earlier this month, major Bucharest daily Libertatea published a story saying two Romanians had named their baby Yahoo and printed a picture of his birth certificate. The news was widely picked up on the Internet.

"It was the reporter's child's birth certificate, which he modified," said Simona Ionescu, Libertatea's deputy editor-in-chief. "We fired him."

She said Ion Garnod, who had worked for the paper for several years, had admitted inventing the story to look good.

"If it were real, it would have been a good story indeed," Ionescu said.

Garnod was not available for comment.
    /r/reds

Mrs. Heeler and I are plucking names from both sides of the family for the soon-to-be Heeler, Jr. Her grandfather passed away two years ago just before Christmas. His last name was Evans. All of the men in my family for the past several generations have had the middle name of Curtis. Thus, we will be having Evan Curtis Heeler on or about Opening Day.

We went to great lengths to give our daughter a name that:

A) Wasn't already taken by any member in any branch of either family

B) Sounded nice, but not contrived,

and

C) Could be shortened to a nickname that we liked

Thus, Gabrielle Elizabeth. Gabby for short.

I would use NONE of those names, the 2 names me and the Mrs have picked out (Julia/Jeremy) are cuter then all of those..well except Matthew..Matthew is a rocking name
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?