Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Lies Ever Set To Music

Re: Biggest Lies Ever Set To Music

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    And don't EVEN get me started on "This little piggy went to the market ...
    I've always had problems with Jack and Jill. I think the little wench pushed him down that hill.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I've always had problems with Jack and Jill. I think the little wench pushed him down that hill.
    Oh come on, GAC. Just b/c she went and got a $1 million life insurance policy for Jack, that named her the beneficiary, just before Jack's tumble does not mean anything. As Johnnie Cochran would say (and has said many-a-time), "Circumstantial." And rumor had it that her and that Little Jack Horner dude were seen out in the clubs together... dirty dancing and such. Does not mean anything.

bomarl1969

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    "Mama, I'm Coming Home"... by Ozzy Osbourne.

I am sure that the vast majority of us have come to realize, thanks to The Osbournes, that lovable Ozzy couldn't find his way out of a wet paperbag. We are supposed to believe that Ozzy can actually find his way home w/out Mama or someone guiding him or holding his hand (like Sharon does on the TV show)? Please!
    Maybe in 91 when he wrote the song he MAYBE could find his way home. How after 14 more years of drug and alcohol abuse...NEVER!!!

bomarl1969

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    "Last Dance with Mary Jane, one more time to ease the pain" -- Somehow, I doubt that was Tom Petty's last dance with MJ.
    I think that song was about a dope addict that decided to quit the drugs!

bomarl1969

Seperate Ways-Journey

If a woman leaves you for another man come on? Are you really going to tell her if he ever hurts you, you know I still love you.

Bryan Adams - "Summer of '69"

Bryan Adams was born in November 1959, so he was 9 during that magical summer when he "got his first real six string," worked at the drive-in, met a girl, formed a band, etc.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool

Bryan Adams was born in November 1959, so he was 9 during that magical summer when he "got his first real six string," worked at the drive-in, met a girl, formed a band, etc.
    That always bugged me, too. I guess "Summer of '76" just didnt' have the same ring to it?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

That always bugged me, too. I guess "Summer of '76" just didnt' have the same ring to it?
    Funny thing is, The Alarm wrote a song with very similar themes called "The Spirit of '76." I guess that just didn't occur to Bryan Adams.

But if it had, we would have been cheated out of hearing the line "Me and my baby in a '69" on the radio.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

How dare you include Bryan Adams in a sentance with The Alarm.

Makes all the routine posts.

How dare you include Bryan Adams in a sentance with The Alarm.
    I only did it to show how much smarter/cooler/better they were than Mr. Adams.

Did you catch The Alarm on "Bands Reunited"?

Quote Originally Posted by bomarl1969
    I think that song was about a dope addict that decided to quit the drugs!

yeah, I always assumed it was about dope, but I figured it was more like.. one more dance.. and then the story progressed, and then it was another and another..

Isn't he Canadian? Maybe they mature earlier up there and the child labor laws aren't as strict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

But if it had, we would have been cheated out of hearing the line "Me and my baby in a '69" on the radio.
    never caught that one :MandJ:

I only did it to show how much smarter/cooler/better they were than Mr. Adams.

Did you catch The Alarm on "Bands Reunited"?
    I wish.

Instead I was "treated" to such former stars as Vixen and Romeo Void. (Who?)

"Knife Edge"? "Spirit of '76"? That's what I'm talking about.

Makes all the routine posts.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

It Never Rains in Southern California - Albert Hammond
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?