Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Must have 80s metal albums

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Re: Must have 80s metal albums

Thank God that shotgun blast blew Nirvana into retirement. It let the other two form a real band in the Goo-Goo's. God I hate Nirvana. I guess we differ on this,eh?
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer
    Thank God that shotgun blast blew Nirvana into retirement. It let the other two form a real band in the Goo-Goo's. God I hate Nirvana. I guess we differ on this,eh?
    Good play on words. Not good taste in music.

The Goo Goo Dolls?

Ya mean Grohl became the Foo Fighters and Chris Novoselic has side projects that are not remotely goo goo dolls like in any way.

That said the guy shot himself, hardly a moment to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    Can we call this "Records that suck"? Thank God Nirvana blew most of these bands into retirement.
    Nirvana and most of the other Seattle groups, except for Queensryche, could never seem to get past the same 3 or 4 chords in every single song. Talking about records tha suck, I think Nirvana would take the top spaces in that category. At least the 80's groups had some technical skill to their playing. Put Kurt Cobain up against Steve Vai or George Lynch and those guys will out do him seven ways to Sunday.

must.... have ..... 80's ....... metal....... albums.

School's out. What did you expect?

Lots of great one's mentioned...but I have to add another-

Rush. Moving Pictures.
    Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Vital Signs, Red Barchetta...

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    Nirvana and most of the other Seattle groups, except for Queensryche, could never seem to get past the same 3 or 4 chords in every single song. Talking about records tha suck, I think Nirvana would take the top spaces in that category. At least the 80's groups had some technical skill to their playing. Put Kurt Cobain up against Steve Vai or George Lynch and those guys will out do him seven ways to Sunday.
    You have obviously never listened to Pearl jam, or Soundgarden....

Take a listen to No Code, Vitalogy, Yield , or Down on the Upside sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Lots of great one's mentioned...but I have to add another-

Rush. Moving Pictures.
    Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Vital Signs, Red Barchetta...
    I now consider you a good friend.

This statement has left me speechless.

Rush was metal?

Rush!?!!

bwahahahaha.

Admittedly, i detest the genre, but that's like giving a band like Jethro Tull the grammy for best metal band. Which of course could never happen.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    This statement has left me speechless.
    Oh c'mon. It's not like I took some joy in the dude killing himself. The demise of Nirvana didn't hurt my feelings any. Sorry I hurt yours.

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Oh c'mon. It's not like I took some joy in the dude killing himself. The demise of Nirvana didn't hurt my feelings any. Sorry I hurt yours.
    Its not even that really... Its the fact that you are very uninformed on the further careers of the remaining members of Nirvana.

Dave Grohl formed the foo fighters, one of the premier rock bands of the current time, as well as doing drumming on a Queens of the Stone Age album, and other various side projects such as Probot. Not to mention, the first two Foo Fighters albums were recorded entirely by Grohl... Drums, Guitars, vocals, everything. I find that to be very impressive.

Chris Novacelik has done some under-recognized side projects, and from what I hear, is a huge advocate in the Music Education scene in the Pacific Northwest.

None of them had the slightest bit to do with the Goo Goo Dolls.

Nirvana and most of the other Seattle groups, except for Queensryche, could never seem to get past the same 3 or 4 chords in every single song.
    It sure worked out pretty well for Angus Young and AC/DC.
    Put Kurt Cobain up against Steve Vai or George Lynch and those guys will out do him seven ways to Sunday.
    If we were just talking about technical skill, we'd be talking about Hendrix, Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn or Al Dimeola.

Quote Originally Posted by CbusRed
    Its not even that really... Its the fact that you are very uninformed on the further careers of the remaining members of Nirvana.

Dave Grohl formed the foo fighters, one of the premier rock bands of the current time, as well as doing drumming on a Queens of the Stone Age album, and other various side projects such as Probot. Not to mention, the first two Foo Fighters albums were recorded entirely by Grohl... Drums, Guitars, vocals, everything. I find that to be very impressive.

Chris Novacelik has done some under-recognized side projects, and from what I hear, is a huge advocate in the Music Education scene in the Pacific Northwest.

None of them had the slightest bit to do with the Goo Goo Dolls.

I was thinking Foo and typed Goo. Don't care for the goo-goo's either. My apologies for the misunderstanding. Reset.

I love the Goo Fighters.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?