Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Must have 80s metal albums

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Re: Must have 80s metal albums

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer
    I was thinking Foo and typed Goo. Don't care for the goo-goo's either. My apologies for the misunderstanding. Reset.
    Keep digging...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    bomarl1969

I'm not glad someone killed themselves but yes I'm glad Nirvana is no more. With the exception of Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, and Queensryche those Seattle bands blow goats IMO.

bomarl1969

Can't believe I left out Rush and Skid Row. Thanks to the others that were sure to post them! I believe that Bach and Neal Peart are two of the greatest musicians in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by bomarl1969
    Can't believe I left out Rush
    I love Rush, but I would not call them a 'metal' band.
    Last edited by Steve4192; 01-26-2005 at 10:47 AM.

poison = toilet lyrics.

example, I'm taking a crap, and i notice a crayon on the floor.

grunt... groan...

"i want action tonight.."

hey! this could be a song! where's my mousse and hair dryer?

pheh.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

bomarl1969

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    poison = toilet lyrics.

grunt... groan...

"i want action tonight.."

hey! this could be a song! where's my mousse and hair dryer?

pheh.
    I would much rather hear about cars, strippers, sex, and having a good time rather than blaming the world and my parents for my messed up life and how I want to kill myself. gag me

poison = toilet lyrics.

grunt... groan...
    For a second, I thought *those* were the lyrics to some unreleased Poison track.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by bomarl1969
    I would much rather hear about cars, strippers, sex, and having a good time rather than blaming the world and my parents for my messed up life and how I want to kill myself. gag me
    well i guess this says it all.

By the way the entire 80's hair bands combined have yet to produce a single song as good as the worst U2 song.

oh you know it's true.

By the way the entire 80's hair bands combined have yet to produce a single song as good as the worst U2 song.
    I hate 'hair metal' as much as anyone, but even I have to admit they did some work better than the trash U2 tried to pass off on their 1997 release 'Pop'.
    Last edited by Steve4192; 01-27-2005 at 10:19 AM.

Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance

Though Motorhead's Ace of Spades is the gold standard of all metal.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

well i guess this says it all.

oh you know it's true.
    Can we at least admit that this entire conversation is one of opinions, of which one person's is no more "accurate" than anyone else's? I'm sure there are some people who love Mozart who would think that U2 is comparable to listening to a dog howl. Does that make you wrong? Does that make you like U2 less? Does that mean that U2 sucks?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quiet Riot-- Metal Health

Twisted Sister-- Stay Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Can we at least admit that this entire conversation is one of opinions, of which one person's is no more "accurate" than anyone else's? I'm sure there are some people who love Mozart who would think that U2 is comparable to listening to a dog howl. Does that make you wrong? Does that make you like U2 less? Does that mean that U2 sucks?

Hear, hear! I has a post typed to this effect (less succinct), but macro says it well. My gosh, these are people's OPINIONS! I like a lot of the music mentioned here and I like a lot of the music those putting down the music mentioned here seem to like...and I like a whole lot more and dislike a bunch of stuff too.

FWIW, opening a thread with this clear title and posting how that music sucks makes zero sense to me. bomarl obviously likes this kind music. Posting derogatory comments about it in the thread he started is pretty sad.

My list
    1) "Back in Black" - AC/DC (wore out 2 8-tracks of this, then bought it on vinyl so I could just keep making cassettes, then the dinosaurs would eat those)

2) "Shout at the Devil " - Motely Crue - (as a small town country kid, buying this album (on vinyl again) and listening to it over and over was really out of place on our HS. And I bet hardly anyone knew I was listening to that stuff back then...

3) "High'n'Dry" - Def Leppard - just finally got this on CD, but the opening guitar to the title track still brings back memories...

4) "Appetite for Destruction" - Guns n Roses - I can still hear the opening to Paradise City coming from our apartment stereo about 9 in the AM on a sunny football Saturday

5) "Skid Row" - Skid Row - I absolutley loved this album and still even though I probably have not listened to it for years could sing every word. I agress with previous poster's comment about Sebastian Bach - he has an incredible voice.

6) "Night Songs" - Cinderella - if foir nothing else for the song "Shake ME" which I played over and over again. Plus it intoduced me to Tom Keifer, whose voice for whatever reason I have always liked.

7) "Slave to the Grind" - Skid Row - probably a bit better album then their 1st release. Had a harder edge to it which I liked.

8) "Fair Warning" - VH - By far my favorite Van Halen album of all time. Another 8-track I wore to the bones...

9) "Number of the Beast" - Iron Maiden - As a small town country boy I was always almost afraid of these albums in teh Camelot music store at the nearest "big city" (Lima) mall! But I took a turn one time, and my fears subsided. The cover artwork just does not have the same affect on a little tiny jewel case....

10) Hard to leave Queensrych out of this. And I agree "Operation : Mindcrime" is probably the best. But to truly personalize this list for me, I'd have to put "The Warning" here instead. I learned every word Geoff Tate had to for this one...and there were a lot of words...

And now I listen to a lot of country, folk, whatever, e.g. Indigo Girls, Buffett, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Nanci Griffith, et al but I still like what I liked then too, and a whole lot more...
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan
    Hear, hear! I has a post typed to this effect (less succinct), but macro says it well. My gosh, these are people's OPINIONS! I like a lot of the music mentioned here and I like a lot of the music those putting down the music mentioned here seem to like...and I like a whole lot more and dislike a bunch of stuff too.

FWIW, opening a thread with this clear title and posting how that music sucks makes zero sense to me. bomarl obviously likes this kind music. Posting derogatory comments about it in the thread he started is pretty sad.
    wait. his opinion about the music i happen to like was pretty sarcastic and durogatory. so that's only allowed if you start the thread? gotcha. now i remember why i stay on the baseball side.

Not at all. I don't understand why anyone would demean another's opinion about the music they like. I initially missed what you referenced, but mine really should have been just a general comment about people's opinions towards other's opinions about something like music. I know it's a mean world and some people just feel the need to say something someone else likes is terrible. That person is not me, nor do I understand the mentality.

I probably should not have said anything other than my list, so I'll leave it at that.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?