Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone please read: forum rules

Re: Everyone please read: forum rules - updated June 1st

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan
    5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. Sounds good on paper.
    I would usually PM you this, but since you've turned private messages off, I pretty much have to respond here. IF what you're trying to say is that we have not been enforcing that rule, this thread is not the proper place to do so.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Everyone please read: forum rules - updated June 10th

I added a new part to post #4 above. I can't emphasize enough that I recommend everyone read it.

Boss and I have decided to add an official enforcement policy to the board regarding, most specifically, the combination of Rules 4 and 5 (ie, direct personal attacks toward fellow members usually, at least lately, in the form of profanity). Keeping the baseball theme, we'll call it "Three Strikes" (and you're out) for now.

Strike 1: 1-week suspension
    Strike 2: 1-month suspension
    Strike 3: Permanent Ban

This may seem harsh to some members, but when you really think about it I feel you'll understand the reason behind this decision. Remember, this is a family-oriented message board. There is no age limit and kids often do read and or post here. Keep it clean, have some fun and we'll all be happy.

GIK

If we're suspended, can we appeal the suspension and keep right on posting until some sort of hearing in New York or series against Tampa, whichever comes first?
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    If we're suspended, can we appeal the suspension and keep right on posting until some sort of hearing in New York or series against Tampa, whichever comes first?
    Sure you can appeal. Appeal forms are at your local WalMart. Just ask the greeter at the front door for the "RedsZone Suspension Appeal Forms". They must be the official appeal forms or your appeal will not go through. If they are out, or if the old guy acts like he doesn't know what you are talking about, then sorry, you are out of luck. Your appeal will not allow you to keep posting until the decision is made though. The decisions of the appeals committee are final.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'm making this a sticky because I've noticed that masked profanity has become a problem again lately. I suggest everyone read (or reread) post #4 in this thread.

Boss What about constant whining about the front? No one could possibly say any thing new. Could they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    I'm making this a sticky because I've noticed that masked profanity has become a problem again lately. I suggest everyone read (or reread) post #4 in this thread.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

What are the guidelines on profanity? Sure, swear words are obvious, but so too should be gratuitous sexual innuendo, as well as overt violent language can be considered profane by some people.

Is there a specific list of words and phrases that are not acceptable on Redszone, or is it the old don't say anything that you wouldn't say in front of your grandmother rule? I'm just curious.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

(From my post above)

I'm not talking about relatively tame words like "damn" or "hell" but it's the things beyond that that I have a problem with.
    I'm not going to put together a list of "forbidden" words - I'll just suggest that people use that as a pretty good guideline for what is and isn't allowable.

(From my post above)

I'm not going to put together a list of "forbidden" words - I'll just suggest that people use that as a pretty good guideline for what is and isn't allowable.

What about that 14-word "s" word that got Milo Bloom and Steve Dallas in trouble in BLOOM COUNTY?

(Someone HAS to get this one..)

I'm bumping this up again because I've seen too many violations of the profanity rule lately (which, as you can see from reading above, covers masked profanity). The word b|tch, including b|tching in the sense it has been used in, is NOT ok. Not only is it a word I don't want to see on here, it is typically used in a sense that paints a negative stereotype of anyone who disagrees with your opinion. From here on out, there won't be anymore first warnings - this is your warning.

I'm bumping this up again because I've seen too many violations of the profanity rule lately (which, as you can see from reading above, covers masked profanity). The word b|tch, including b|tching in the sense it has been used in, is NOT ok. Not only is it a word I don't want to see on here, it is typically used in a sense that paints a negative stereotype of anyone who disagrees with your opinion. From here on out, there won't be anymore first warnings - this is your warning.
    I know you're mainly talking about my post yesterday and I'm sorry. Just got alittle caught up.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    I know you're mainly talking about my post yesterday and I'm sorry. Just got alittle caught up.
    No, I'm not talking about just you. I've seen it at least four different times in the past day.

No, I'm not talking about just you. I've seen it at least four different times in the past day.
    Either way, I still was a big part of it with my post and for that I appologize.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    What about that 14-word "s" word that got Milo Bloom and Steve Dallas in trouble in BLOOM COUNTY?

(Someone HAS to get this one..)
    SNUGGLEBUNNIES!!!!!! I hope that doesn't get me suspended....excuse me, there's a knock on my door....

Turn Off Ads?