Turn Off Ads?

Thread: give me your recent customer service gripes

give me your recent customer service gripes

i've got a handful, just within the last week...how about you...

first, gmac for keeping me on hold for 55 minutes, despite the fact that the voice message kept saying i only had 20 minutes to wait, of course, due to "larger than normal" call volume.
    second, an at&t/cingular store that didn't have $37 in the register to refund a cash purchase i made. it was already after 1pm and this store had not made $37 yet? don't they keep money in the safe? now i have a refund on one of my credit cards and have to charge something to get my money back. if i wanted to charge something, i would have done so in the first place.
    third, the applebees waitress who rather than giving you a clean glass for a refil, literally, just refilled my same glass. this wasn't too big of a deal this time, but at a different location, the waitress took everyone's glass at the same time and mixed them up. i really don't care to be drinking someone else's backwash, if you get my drift.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: give me your recent customer service gripes

One of the worst places to call is Cincinnati State.
    When you call they will place you on hold, leave you on hold, and you will be on hold so long that it will hang up on you.

I dont like the service at the Fifth Third Bank inside Krogers in Delhi.

:allovrjr:

Yesterday I took breakfast in for my co-workers. Stopped at Burger King and ordered OJ with the meals. 4 orders and I am the only one in the car. The girl started handing me the cartons of OJ one at a time. I said "could you put those in a bag please?" She rolled her eyes and let out a big ole sigh like I had asked for million bucks.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

For a Level Playing Field

T-Mobile... scam-city.

I bought my wife a new cell-phone and plan for Christmas 2003. She had enough of Verizon's crap, so it was time to change. I bought a $150 phone, but I'd get a $100 rebate. I did everything that I was supposed to do... filled out the papers, cut out the UPC from the box, made a copy of the receipt. I mailed all of this in within a week of my purchase.

Well... about 6 months later I realized that these chumps never mailed my check to me. I called them. They told me that the check had been mailed months ago. I told them that they were crazy. I asked them who they mailed it to and what address. The address was so far off that I laughed at them. They even had the 5-digit zipcode wrong by 3-digits. Then the guy tries telling me that I must have filled out the forms wrong (I started becoming an "angry white guy" at this point). I told him that I know my address and that for him to imply differently is BS. They then told me that the offer was only good for 3 months after purchase.... sorry cannot send you a new check. I now see why they are willing to more-or-less give you a free phone... b/c half of the rebates never get there. SCAM-CITY.

Oh well. My wife is now back to Verizon (Christmas 2004). Not that it'll bankrupt T-Mobile, but it was a matter of principle!

The U.S. Post Office. Last summer I won an authentic Ken Griffey Jr. jersey off of E-Bay, which I also purchased insurance for. On the day it was supposed to be delivered, I had a substitute mail carrier who delivered it to the wrong place. He kept no record of who signed for it or even where he delivered it to. This was just the begining. I contacted the Post Office to get the reimbursement process started. After about two months going by and still no money from the Post Office, I contacted them to see what was going on. Even though I paid the E-Bay seller for the insurance, it was actually him that made the transaction with the Post Office. So, the Post Office reimburses the seller for the jersey that I paid for and never received. In essence, the seller got paid twice for the same product. Fortunately, for me, this seller is quite honest and forwarded the reimbursemnt money to me this week. So, after all of this starting in June, it will finally be taken care of this week.

My gripe is similar to RFA1966's comlaint. I bought 2 cell phones with a Cingular plan in November and was due $100.00 in rebates. They gave me a photocopy of the rebate form. Part of it was unreadable. I called the number on the phone, explained my problem and they told me what to do. Yesterday I get a letter saying the rebate was denied due to the form being incomplete. I called them, and they said I didn't checkmark a tiny box.. I sent it all back to them as per instructions...we will see..... :thumbdown
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Yeah, I've gotten to the point where I don't count on any rebates getting paid.. It's sad that our country has sunk so low.

Here's another scam that a printer company frequently does. They sell their printers with a rebate. You send in the UPC. Many of them break, and then you can't return it to the point of sale, because you've had to cut the UPC off the box for the friggin rebate. So, now you're in warrantee hell, where naturally they make it more trouble than it's worth.

AT+T put me on hold for 1.5 hours, the tape said that since it was a monday, and unusally high call volume, it would be a ten minute wait. So, after an hour and a half, I call the operator, who gets me an AT+T operator who finally gets me a human (although someone that could barely speak english, probably in some other country).. Canceled my entire service with those bums (insert stronger word here).. The customer rep had the gall to act as if it was my fault because I called on a Monday and then try and sell me on a different plan. I told him that if AT+T knows call volume is high on Monday, they should have more people manning the phones, and I'm through with AT+T, I don't care if the service is free

Turn Off Ads?