Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Questions/Discussion About the New Non-Baseball Forum Rules & Policies

Re: Questions/Discussion About the New Non-Baseball Forum Rules & Policies

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    Well said.
    Incidentally, I believe that we have quite a few lawyers or people attending law school on this board. None of them have summarized the need for a moderator quite so well IMO.
    i wrote that, and turned right around and broke the rules on the baseball side.

i'm really having a crappy year.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    And a lawyer should know that doesn't apply here.
    Why not? If a moderator sanctions someone, that person could have the right to request that the Boss overturn the sanction. This guards against an abuse of discretion by an individual moderator. It can apply here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    Why not? If a moderator sanctions someone, that person could have the right to request that the Boss overturn the sanction. This guards against an abuse of discretion by an individual moderator. It can apply here.
    So sue me the next time I enforce the rules. I won't even get a lawyer. But more importantly, lets talk about these new boxes we're getting!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

You're welcome to request an "appeal" but if it's determined that the alleged violator clearly broke the stated rules, he/she probably won't have the punishment reduced anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    You're welcome to request an "appeal" but if it's determined that the alleged violator clearly broke the stated rules, he/she probably won't have the punishment reduced anytime soon.
    Sounds reasonable to me.

. One who is sanctioned should have the right to appeal to the Boss or to a higher athority. .
    Boss and the mods here are EXTREMELY leinent. Heck, even under the new policy, you have to violate the rules FIVE times before getting banned.

There is no higher authority than Boss. :MandJ:

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD

There is no higher authority than Boss. :MandJ:

In Boss we trust.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

A question for Boss and the mods...

Are these helping the climate? I'm not so sure.

I've seen 3 threads that I've started lately get diverted in some incendiary tangent. From there, the discussion degenerated into a pissing match and the thread got locked.

I have no idea whether mod-alerting does any good, since no action appears to be the result of mod alerts that I submit when things are smoldering. The hammer usually falls a few hours later after the fists have started flying.
    /r/reds

Well, I ignore mod alerts, personally.

Honestly, though, they get sent to my home email and, when I can't access my home email (such as when I'm at the office), I don't see them until a 'few hours later.'
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Boss's link to the rules is invalid now. Are the January 2005 non-BB rules still in effect? If so, is there a new link?
    /r/reds

Its a basic procedure in administrative law.
    You're using the same type of reasoning that that one college girl tried to use on that teacher over the term paper (and she was wrong)....she knew the guidelines - the teacher/school has the right to set forth those guidelines. Our responsibility? Obey and stay within them. If not, then we (just like her) get what they deserve.

It's the same on here. And I have come to find that Boss/GIK and the mods have been more then lenient and tolerant.

Personally - I've changed my mind and have come to the conclusion that if they banned all political and religious discussions on here it would be fine with me. Why? Too much baiting and taunting going on due to the deep ideological divisions in this country. They just end up closing them anyway.

Save the ban space.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Boss's link to the rules is invalid now. Are the January 2005 non-BB rules still in effect? If so, is there a new link?
    I updated the link, it should be working now. Yes, the rules still apply.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    You're using the same type of reasoning that that one college girl tried to use on that teacher over the term paper (and she was wrong)....she knew the guidelines - the teacher/school has the right to set forth those guidelines. Our responsibility? Obey and stay within them. If not, then we (just like her) get what they deserve.

It's the same on here. And I have come to find that Boss/GIK and the mods have been more then lenient and tolerant.

Personally - I've changed my mind and have come to the conclusion that if they banned all political and religious discussions on here it would be fine with me. Why? Too much baiting and taunting going on due to the deep ideological divisions in this country. They just end up closing them anyway.

Save the ban space.

Now I have to defend something I wrote 7 months ago? Isn't there some limitation period in effect here?

Actually GAC, I suspect you're for closing down this post because you have run out of excuses for the Bush administration. Even you can no longer defend their conduct. ( I think the Terry Schiavo situation was the straw that broke the camel's back). Morover, its clear that a lot of Red's fans are actually becoming a bit progressive and are winning most debates here. Nobody complained when the rightwingers were in the majority here. A good sign for the country as a whole.

Anyhow, whats wrong with a little baiting and taunting? Good clean baiting and taunting never hurt anybody.

PS. I missed the story about that college girl. What did she get that she deserved? Would telling us violate the guidelines?

This post was not intended to bait or taunt under any circumstances.

Anyhow, whats wrong with a little baiting and taunting? Good clean baiting and taunting never hurt anybody.

This post was not intended to bait or taunt under any circumstances.

I think the mods are just sick and tired of having to deal with it on a baseball site. This isn't a first ammendment issue, it comes down to what the guys who get the call to clean up Aisle 4 are willing to put up with.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I think the mods are just sick and tired of having to deal with it on a baseball site. This isn't a first ammendment issue, it comes down to what the guys who get the call to clean up Aisle 4 are willing to put up with.
    Baiting and taunting when emotions are running high is akin to lighting a match next to a leaking propane tank. Since we don't want to remove the propane tank, we choose to limit the baiting and taunting.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?