Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Reds trade Dustin Moseley for Ramon Ortiz

Re: Reds trade Dustin Moseley for Ramon Ortiz

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    That's like saying you need to hit the Power Ball jackpot in order to pay your bills.
    :MandJ: Excellently put, M2.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This thread needs to go in the archives just for its brilliant use of metaphors.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I'm willing to bet anyone who will take it that Corey Lidle outperforms Ramon Ortiz in 2005. Any taker?
    I'll take it.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    I'll take it.
    Name the bet. And I don't the cheap stuff either. :
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Name the bet. And I don't the cheap stuff either. :
    Ahhhhh, no, no, no - you started the bet, so you get to call it :allovrjr:
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

This thread needs to go in the archives just for its brilliant use of metaphors.
    Ah, but beyond a certain point, our archives are like the Library at Alexandria.

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Ahhhhh, no, no, no - you started the bet, so you get to call it :allovrjr:
    I'll have to take some time to think about what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Ah, but beyond a certain point, our archives are like the Library at Alexandria.
    Actually I think we're underarchived. I'm amazed we never got the 2003 Lidle signing thread in the archives. Likewise, Sandy's 1940 World Series thread isn't in there. A lot of pre-season predictions didn't make it either.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Agreed. I meant in the sense that the Library of Alexandria's collection, which was once the pride of antiquity, is now lost. Not unlike countless "Caption This Picture" threads.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Agreed. I meant in the sense that the Library of Alexandria's collection, which was once the pride of antiquity, is now lost. Not unlike countless "Caption This Picture" threads.
    So if this thread isn't preserved we could be looking at a new Dark Ages, hmm ...
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I'm willing to bet anyone who will take it that Corey Lidle outperforms Ramon Ortiz in 2005. Any taker?
    What are the categories to define "outperforms"?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    What are the categories to define "outperforms"?
    Name it. All of them. OPS against, WHIP, ERA (park adjusted).

Not that I'm all about Ramon MWM, but I just have a strong distaste for what Lidle brings to the mound.

Maybe I don't have enough familiarity with Ortiz to breed that type of contempt, but I'll take that bet.

Just for the fun of it...Not that I'm confident that I'll win or anything.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Here is the question I ask myself after this trade. Are the Reds a better baseball team today than they were yesterday because of this deal? The answer has to be yes. I really like the trade. I think he will win 12 or 13 games.

Everyone seams to think that not tendering DeAngelo Jimenez another contract is a bad thing. Guys, it's DeAngelo Jimenez, Ryan Freel is a better player and cheaper too.

Maybe this means that the "Kearns Project" is going well.

I'm optimistic.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Here is the question I ask myself after this trade. Are the Reds a better baseball team today than they were yesterday because of this deal? The answer has to be yes. I really like the trade. I think he will win 12 or 13 games.

Everyone seams to think that not tendering DeAngelo Jimenez another contract is a bad thing. Guys, it's DeAngelo Jimenez, Ryan Freel is a better player and cheaper too.

Maybe this means that the "Kearns Project" is going well.

I'm optimistic.
    Better player or not, its not wise to get caught up in a "is not, is too" arguement. However, you can not deny that Jimenez indeed has SOME value, and it would be wise to capitalize. Nontendering, as far as I am concerned, is not even an option. We sign him, we either play him or trade him, end of story. Nontendering is reserved for players with very little or distant past, and no future, of which Jimenez is neither. Stat line:

.270 AVG, .364 OBP, 12 HRs, 13 SB, 67 RBI, and most importantly, he led the league in pitches taken per at bat. I see value there.

Turn Off Ads?