Quote Originally Posted by Stormy
I leave that to you. You're always pleased with the Reds moves amidst 4 consecutive losing seasons, so I think it's more appropriate that you ignore the record and just sit back and enjoy the game. I'll stick to inquiring as to why we've spent nearly $7 million the past 2 years bringing in fodder pitchers with 5+ERAs, and terrible peripherals, as our primary offseason pitching acquisitions (Lidle/Ortiz).
It is all part of baseball. Every team has it cycles some just longer than others. I fallow the Reds every day even if they are out of it because I love baseball and like to fallow young players like Dunn, Kearns, WMP and others to see how they develop and I also feel you can't judge a trade like this one until next year Ortiz could do great or could flop. Mosely could do the same. That is one thing great about baseball good stats don't always = wins and you can't make the playoffs unless you have enough wins. I seen alot of pitchers over the years that had good era's and losing records and some bad era's with winning records. Some pitches pitch just good enough to win and other pitch just good enough to lose. But to spend 7-10 mill dollars on pitchers who are no sure thing to win Like Clement, Perez, Ect is also crazy, But the market is like that because of the weak pitching market this year.