Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Reds trade Dustin Moseley for Ramon Ortiz

Re: Reds trade Dustin Moseley for Ramon Ortiz

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Everyone seams to think that not tendering DeAngelo Jimenez another contract is a bad thing. Guys, it's DeAngelo Jimenez, Ryan Freel is a better player and cheaper too.
    the play Freel at 3B and put Kearns back to where he's useful defensivly.

Jimenez vs. other MLB seconbasemen:
    AVG 13th (270)
    OBP t-4th (364)
    SLG 13th (394)
    OPS 11th (758)
    # Pit 2nd (2715)
    P/PA t-1st (4.2)
    Walks 2nd (82)
    RC 8th (82.5)
    RC/27 t-11th (5.08)
    SecA 5th (281)

FPCT 3rd (990)
    RF 12th (4.90)
    ZR 4th (834)
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The stats on D'Angelo don't lie, except for the fielding stats, which I think it would be safe to say have been inflated by the long infield grass at GAB. Are there home-away splits on fielding stats?

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve
    The stats on D'Angelo don't lie, except for the fielding stats, which I think it would be safe to say have been inflated by the long infield grass at GAB. Are there home-away splits on fielding stats?
    not on what i have to work with. but the 88 games i kept score on (41 away) have his fielding percentage better on the road. the grass wouldn't affect his Range Factor, but would effect his Zone Rating. but considering how high he is on the ZR scale, i don't think he could be lower than 5th or 6th factoring out the grass at Cinci.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I'm willing to bet anyone who will take it that Corey Lidle outperforms Ramon Ortiz in 2005. Any taker?
    There's not one doubt in my mind that Lidle will outperform Ortiz in 2005. Everything in their statistical profiles suggests that will be the case.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    There's not one doubt in my mind that Lidle will outperform Ortiz in 2005. Everything in their statistical profiles suggests that will be the case.
    i'll agree with that. when i get done finsishing my Christmas shopping today, i'll start working on some of my 2005 projections.

"So Fla Red"

This is one of the most entertainiming/best threads I've ever seen on the forum.

Sure I'd like Clement instead, but I doubt the Reds were ever going to outbid the Angels et. al. at 10M per for Clement... but I'm fine with the deal as it upgraded a pathetic staff. You've got a guy with some tools, playoff experience and some past success under control for a couple of years. History shows he'll be a disaster in a Reds uniform (the Dempster law of Gulletization), but at least you've got a guy who has the POTENTIAL to be a solid starter. With the Cards/Braves he magically wins 18 and posts a 4 ERA, with the Reds...

Gardner, Pauly, Wagner and Coffee weren't in the deal which makes this trade anything but a disaster and low risk.

IMO, Ortiz would NOT have been non-tendered. The Angeles bought out his option for 100K not to have to pay $5.5M next season. They would have budgeted the $3.5-3.8 he'd get in arbitration. These guys have a $100M payroll and cash to burn remember?

The market for serviceable #3 type guys with any service time is $4-5M. That's just reality. In this case at least the Reds aren't committed to anything beyond 2006 with Wilson and beyond the present with Ortiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    There's not one doubt in my mind that Lidle will outperform Ortiz in 2005.
    such conviction. Since you've already coughed up a child without batting an eye, how's about we go with something more interesting?

Care to bet your soul on it?

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    such conviction. Since you've already coughed up a child without batting an eye, how's about we go with something more interesting?

Care to bet your soul on it?
    How about 1 year's subscription to redszone for everyone that has posted in this thread?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?