Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Randa

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Great, now I'm itching my head. :
    Pronounce it LEE-SAY and it won't itch as much

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by stevekun
    This pessimism is killing me...you all will be regreting saying these negative things about Randa...he is a solid 3rd baseman. You will see. I have seen him here in KC and all the fans here were MAD when the Royals let him walk.
    I've always liked Randa, and for one, am glad he's now a Red.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    Pronounce it LEE-SAY and it won't itch as much
    too late
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

He is a nice bridge to Encarncion when he should be ready to play the position in 2006.

As for the outfield, with all the injuries the Reds have had the past couple of seasons, you need to have four outfielders for three positions.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Worst case scenario, in my opinion, with Randa (if healthy) is that he posts very average numbers through the All-Star break and is then sent to the bench for either Freel to take over at 3B full time the remainder of the season or EE to come up and get some experience. Even still, he still should play a better third base than anyone the Reds had planned on playing this year.

Best case scenario would be that Randa hits well and establishes some trade value in July. He can then be flipped for a prospect and Freel can take over 3B or EE can if he is ready.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    He is a nice bridge to Encarncion when he should be ready to play the position in 2006.

As for the outfield, with all the injuries the Reds have had the past couple of seasons, you need to have four outfielders for three positions.

Correct. The question is will the four be: Jr., Dunn, Kearns, and WMP?

or does Mohr take the spot of one of those 4?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

As for the Vazquez for Kearns rumors......I don't see that happening unless the Dodgers are giving the Reds a boatload of cash. And if the Dodgers are sending cash to the Yankees for Ishii, I don't see this deal happening.

But I do think Kearns is on the move. To where is anyone's guess.

Would you guys do a Kearns for Jeremy Bonderman trade with the Tigers. I would.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Kearns and Graves for Vasquez, then?

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRedz
    Kearns and Graves for Vasquez, then?
    Are you saying that as a fan or as someone in the know?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Graves might actually have some success at Dodger Stadium. But I still wouldn't want to take on Vazquez' salary and arm-mileage.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Would you guys do a Kearns for Jeremy Bonderman trade with the Tigers. I would.
    OK, I'm gonna have to ask you to step away from the Vodka Tonics. Far, far away.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I would not be opposed to Freel as an everyday second baseman if Jimenez is dealt somewhere, but I'm not anxious to see him at third for any extended period. He gives it all he's got at third, but of all the positions that he can play, he looks less comfortable and natural at third base than anywhere else. In my opinion, his arm isn't dependable enough to be penciled in at third for a long period and is more suited for second. I don't mind the notion of Randa as a bridge to Encarnacion, but I don't know that he is going to be the can't miss that a lot of folks are projecting him to be at this point. I sure hope he is. I really think this will end the Kearns experiment at third.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty

Since the beginning of the 2003 season, Randa created 79.54 Runs per 600 TPA while Freel created 80.13 runs per 600 TPA. I just don't see a pressing reason to use resources to sign someone like Randa when there's someone already in-house, especially when the player that is in-house gives the team something it lacks, a legit top of the order guy. Randa is many things, but he's NOT a leadoff hitter.

The Reds, IMO, are much better off with Freel and Jiminez at the top of the lineup then with Jiminez and Lopez, with Randa in the lower 3rd.

Braves board buzzing about Kearns coming to their team.

http://mb3.scout.com/fatlantabravesf...tart=1&stop=20

Turn Off Ads?