Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Randa signed

Re: Randa

This signing sucks.

We'd better be flipping some pieces for an SP.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt
    Wait.....is Todd Lorenz from Brooklyn?

Heh.

No. But he does deserve a little more credit. He works hard and does his best to stay on top of stuff. He may not be critical the way an independent beat writer might be able to be, but he doesn't make anything up either.

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
    Oh wow. I didn't know that. Awesome job, and thanks BLR!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBrooklyn
    Heh.

No. But he does deserve a little more credit. He works hard and does his best to stay on top of stuff. He may not be critical the way an independent beat writer might be able to be, but he doesn't make anything up either.
    My quibble with Lorenz is more about MLB.com in general. Their editing is horrendous and their facts are off a lot of times as well. The individual reporter is at fault a lot, but it's the editing that's bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt
    My quibble with Lorenz is more about MLB.com in general. Their editing is horrendous and their facts are off a lot of times as well. The individual reporter is at fault a lot, but it's the editing that's bad too.

Well, every man is entitled to his opinion. Just be thankful you aren't a Phillies or Indians fan. It could be much much worse, trust me.

this is ok signing for one year. randa IS an upgrade over 3rd basemen of last year and I'm sceptical of Freel's ability field the position consistently. Another thing is I think Freel is going to be needed in center field this year.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Another thing is I think Freel is going to be needed in center field this year.

If Pena and Kearns are on the roster this year, then they BOTH have to get 600+ PA's. Have. To.

I guess I am the only one who likes this signing. I have seen Randa play here in KC and he is solid. Now lets just see the movement to make room...thats what I am interested in

Just a thought, but this could be just an insurance policy heading into spring training in case Kearns doesn't work out at third. If he does, there's a point during the spring where they could cut Randa loose without taking the full hit on his salary.

Possibility?
    Dan Scott, Director of Broadcasting
    Play-By-Play Voice
    Furman University Athletics
    Host of The Dan Scott Show, Facebook Live/Periscope
    Greenville/Clemson, SC

Quote Originally Posted by writerdan33
    Just a thought, but this could be just an insurance policy heading into spring training in case Kearns doesn't work out at third. If he does, there's a point during the spring where they could cut Randa loose without taking the full hit on his salary.

Possibility?
    I would think Randa had more options than that and likely got some PT assurances before going with Cincy
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

One of the reasons I don't like these kinds of signings is that if he puts up a decent month or two, or is viewed as a good "clubhouse guy" or puts up a decent batting average, which he usually does, or has a few key RBIs, people will be clamoring for the FO to resign the guy. And John Allen will do it if he thinks the fans want it.

One year signings are good in theory, but with the Reds FO it will likely turn into another Jimmy Haynes or Paul Wilson.

It's like my kids when they sy "just five more minutes, dad." Well, it's never just five more minutes. And with the Reds, it's not likely to be just one year.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    Randa is the perfect stopgap third baseman as we wait for Encarnacion. But he is a starting player who gets paid a decent wage.
    Funny, I thought Aaron Boone would have been a better choice. He was available.

Who would you all rather have at 3B for next couple years: Randa or Boone?

so when is this going to be announced?

Has anyone been listening to WLW?

Is it possible that Randa was signed to be a bench player? Is so, I think it's a great deal...depending on the money of course.

Quote Originally Posted by writerdan33
    . If he does, there's a point during the spring where they could cut Randa loose without taking the full hit on his salary.

Possibility?

Nope,

Assuming Randa has been signed, unless it's a non-guarenteed contract (and there's no way Randa would be signing a non-guarenteed contract on Dec 21), then the Reds will have to pay his whole contract even if he's released.

Turn Off Ads?