Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Randa signed

Re: Randa

I agree that the only way Vazquez should come back is if JR is involved, because any other way the payroll would just be strangled for the next 2-3 years.
    You're assuming the Reds would be paying for that contract for the life of it.

Javier's only what? 28? He's going to have trade value while a Red if the Reds would ever want out.

I don't think the Reds should be completely afraid of the big contract just because of what happened with Junior. The main problem with Junior's contract, in my opinion, wasn't the money. It was the length.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan2
    What a day from DanO
    Well, so far Jiminez is the only "official" word. Randa I'm 99.99 sure will happen because Scoop (aka BrooklynRedz) seems to have a reliable source that allowed him to give us a heads up about Ortiz. The other stuff is Plan C, and is in some unknown stage known as various.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

The Casey idea is interesting....I thought I had read that one of the holdups was LA needing an impact bat and preferably a 1b. Hmmm....now if i can remember where i read that?

Something is a brewing i tells ya
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

I...see...old...people...
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Javier's only what? 28? He's going to have trade value while a Red if the Reds would ever want out.
    Unless he proves to be injury prone. Or stinks up the joint and the Reds have to eat part of his contract to get him out of here. In both cases, the return on such a trade would stink anyway.

I wouldn't count those chickens.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69
    Mike Schmidt struck out a lot too and he ended up in the HOF.

you'll fit right in around here. I believe Zombie was being facecious.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD

:MandJ:
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Wily Mo Pena is going to be the starting CF for the Reds this year, there is absolutely no way he doesn't start. Something is gonna happen, it has to.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    :rotflmao:
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Wily Mo Pena is going to be the starting CF for the Reds this year, there is absolutely no way he doesn't start. Something is gonna happen, it has to.
    If that's the case, then it's clear to me that DanO doesn't prioritize the right things vis. offensive ability. (unless he's platooned with Mohr).
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Yea, who likes a 22 year old that ops about .850 and projected to about 50 home runs and 120 rbi. Wily Mo is gonna rake enough that he's gonna get on base. There are certain players with enough talent that they don't need to walk to be productive ball players, it's a VERY select group. But Wily Mo has the tools and the talent to be in that group.

Well go for 100% sure on Randa. mlbradio.com is reporting this on fantasy411 as if its fact. Good call again BrooklynRedz. Keep those heads up coming.

Putting us on the cutting edge around here is, well...just cool :RedinDC:
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    You're assuming the Reds would be paying for that contract for the life of it.

I don't think the Reds should be completely afraid of the big contract just because of what happened with Junior. The main problem with Junior's contract, in my opinion, wasn't the money. It was the length.
    IMO he's not going to have trade value if he puts up another 2004 like year, when he's slotted to make $11.5 and $12.5 M. A similar pitcher in terms of stats, age, and fall-off is Matt Morris, who went from making $10M+ in 2004 to just signing a contract for $2.5. In today's depressed market, $11-12.5 M says that you are a legitimate #1 big game pitcher (especially on a small market team).

And if you're correct regarding his trade value, I doubt that LA is going to pay much (if anything) of his salary, given that they could also flip him to a bigger market team without being responsible for any financial considerations.

Yea, who likes a 22 year old that ops about .850 and projected to about 50 home runs and 120 rbi. Wily Mo is gonna rake enough that he's gonna get on base. There are certain players with enough talent that they don't need to walk to be productive ball players, it's a VERY select group. But Wily Mo has the tools and the talent to be in that group.

Okay, I really will bet another kid if Pena only OPSs .850, but still hits 50 bombs!!!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Also, what people seem to keep overlooking, is that WMP was night and day with regards to selectivity last year as opposed to just two years ago. The kid has the ability and the desire to learn the different facets of the game like few others.

If you give WMP 600 PA's this year his walks will increase by 33% over last year's numbers (which would give him between 55 and 60 BB's).
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?