Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Randa signed

Re: Randa

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

Problem is these players tend to boost their skillset by having the ability to have batting average drive their game. WMP has never hit above .270.
    Thats a great point WOY - Pena is never going to be Vlad.

But I think, with his learning curve, that he will start to hit for a slightly higher average and will walk more.

I see his ceilings as the .280-.290 BA, and about 65-70 BB's. When combined with the 40 HR's that he will hit, well, I think we would all take those numbers.

Of course those are ceilings and not the numbers he will put up next year, but I do think he more a long term answer rather than a long term question mark.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

So the walks aren't true but the batting average is? 57 aba judge what?

Makes you wonder how many are true?
    Stats not reliable in winter leagues?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Stats not reliable in winter leagues?
    No I mean how many might have been IBB, the kids power can force the managers hand every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Put me down as opposed to Kearns for Vazquez. He's way too expensive and really not all that great.
    What I was trying to say, but you conveyed it more accurately and concisely.

Does anyone else feel like the Grinch in Dr. Seuss' book when his heart grows 3 times in one day? I don't know what the hell DanO is doing, but for some strange odd reason, I trust him. I trust at the end of all these moves, the Reds will be better. I don't know why, as I've never been a big DanO fan, but it appears to me that he is starting to get it. Like someone lit a fire under his butt and said "put a winner on the field...NOW"
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    7 walks in 57 at bats? Not too shabby.

Yeah his average is in the crapper, but it's 57 at bats.
    That would be a trend of crappy winter numbers two years in a row. Maybe he should just go sip drinks with umbrellas in them after hitting in the cage and working out during the offseason.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

That's not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Put me down as opposed to Kearns for Vazquez. He's way too expensive and really not all that great.
    Vazquez is expensive and I won't argue that. I do think he has a pretty high ceiling. Higher than anyone I've heard talks about in regards to the Reds. He is a good power pitcher. It was reported that he had problems with his mechanics all year last year which led to the inflated numbers. He also switched to the AL. A move back to the NL with a good pitching coach could do wonders for him. His years in MON weren't too bad.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

96 people are currently viewing this thread. This thread about Joe freakin Randa.

Just sayin'
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    That would be a trend of crappy winter numbers two years in a row. Maybe he should just go sip drinks with umbrellas in them after hitting in the cage and working out during the offseason.
    Every inning in the outfield for WMP is an important one.

Plus I'm not "slamming" the kid, I just ran across his numbers this morning. I also respect his power numbers, but recognize that his OPS is too slugging heavy........now.

No I mean how many might have been IBB, the kids power can force the managers hand every now and then.
    Got ya.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Does anyone else feel like the Grinch in Dr. Seuss' book when his heart grows 3 times in one day? I don't know what the hell DanO is doing, but for some strange odd reason, I trust him. I trust at the end of all these moves, the Reds will be better. I don't know why, as I've never been a big DanO fan, but it appears to me that he is starting to get it. Like someone lit a fire under his butt and said "put a winner on the field...NOW"
    Someone please take the egg nog away from RL.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Every inning in the outfield for WMP is an important one.

Plus I'm not "slamming" the kid, I just ran across his numbers this morning. I also respect his power numbers, but recognize that his OPS is too slugging heavy........now.
    Good point, I hadn't thought of the D side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Someone please take the egg nog away from RL.
    We have a giddy accountant, a tipsy Red Leader, what's next, REDREAD giving some love to JA?

Turn Off Ads?