Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Randa signed

Re: Randa

Oh it is too heavy, it's always going to be that way though. I just think it's such a high ceiling there isn't a chance in hell the staff doesn't get a full season look at it. Wily Mo got so much better last year in plate discipline and ability to judge the strikezone that I can't see why he won't continue improving. Not to mention he is considered one of the hardest workers on the team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Thus, Jr is now a bench player.
    We know that is not going to happen.

Although that doesn't mean that Kearns and WMP are not likely to be more productive in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    what's next, REDREAD giving some love to JA?
    Let's not get carried away here :MandJ:
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    96 people are currently viewing this thread. This thread about Joe freakin Randa.

Just sayin'
    Yeah, but it's been 30 posts since anyone actually talked about Randa! :MandJ:

The real reason we signed Randa...

8 sac flies last year per Lance on 1360, apparently filling the gap made by Dunn in that area... :mhcky21:
    Happy days are here again.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

You know I'm the first the bash the Reds if they breathe wrong...however, what they've done with a small budget is upgrade the rotation, bullpen, and infield

....At least they're doing SOMETHING...they did NOTHING last off-season

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    The real reason we signed Randa...

8 sac flies last year per Lance on 1360, apparently filling the gap made by Dunn in that area... :mhcky21:
    Happy days are here again.
    Ohhhhh, if only Bob Boone were still managing the Reds he could have Randa on the bench and use him as a pinch hitter whenever Dunn came up with a runner on third and less than two outs. Even if it were the first inning.

Wily E. Boone, SuperGenius :RedinDC:
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Wily Mo got so much better last year in plate discipline and ability to judge the strikezone that I can't see why he won't continue improving.
    He got the bat on the ball more and K'd less.

2003 - 1 bb 6% of his PA's
    2004 - 1bb 5.75% of his PA's

2003 - 1 K 34% of his PA's
    2004 - 1 K 29% of his PA's

2003 - Made an Out 74% of his PA's
    2004 - Made an Out 71% of his PA's

ISO--Isolated power. SLG minus AVG, from .139 to .268 Which is the 16th highest for a 22 year old in MLB history

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw

....At least they're doing SOMETHING...they did NOTHING last off-season
    I feel the same way. These moves aren't going to make us a contender, but hopefully will prevent us from being laughingstocks. At least DanO is making some effort this year. Some of the moves might backfire, but at least he's not resting on his laurels thinking that Larson and an undermanned bullpen will be "just fine".
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Matt...is the conference going to be carried on WLW?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I know that and understand that. Plate discipline doesn't just include walks. It's learning to wait in the count for better pitches to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Put me down as opposed to Kearns for Vazquez. He's way too expensive and really not all that great.
    Ditto.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Matt...is the conference going to be carried on WLW?
    I don't think we're airing it...but we have it covered and will have sound later

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    Ditto.
    Vazquez will be lucky to have a Jeff Suppan-type season next year--and Suppan costs, what, 2-3 million a season? When you angle it into that light, his contract looks super ugly.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Haven't read every post; sorry if this is a rerun.

Randa's SEASONAL AVERAGES (per 162 games played)
    Years G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
    7.92 162 589 76 169 34 4 13 81 47 80 5 3 0.286 0.341 0.424 0.765

Turn Off Ads?