Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Randa signed

Re: Randa

It's 3:30. Waiting patiently for that first hair-trigger poster to give us the scoop.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Does anyone else feel like the Grinch in Dr. Seuss' book when his heart grows 3 times in one day? I don't know what the hell DanO is doing, but for some strange odd reason, I trust him. I trust at the end of all these moves, the Reds will be better. I don't know why, as I've never been a big DanO fan, but it appears to me that he is starting to get it. Like someone lit a fire under his butt and said "put a winner on the field...NOW"

Folks I will say it again. DanO hasn't been the problem... John Allen and his number crunchers have been the problem for this team for years. When you increase the budget by $10 million dollars you can sign some bullpen help, bench help, and maybe a number 3 pitcher. DanO has money this Christmas for a change. I just hope he doesn't blow it all on a very expensive gift from Dodgers-Mart.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Thanks, Marty

Now back to the topic of this thread. Is WMP gonna be good :mhcky21:
    Excellent humor. Our Weapon of Mass Pena is just fine. But is the word "none" singular, plural, or can it be both?
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

I know it may be hard to interpret what DanO is saying, but someone please cut through all the big words and give us the details.

It's official. Randa is a Red: http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=cin

That link was nothing new.

Why do they play the "financial terms not disclosed" game with a new signing? I'm sure there's a legitimate reason, but can't think of one.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Ok now it is.

WMP should start. Find a way to move Griffey even if it hurts. Make him cheap in 2005 and maybe Seattle or Baltimore bite, possibly get a pitcher out of it. The young player are what the Reds are about. They will need to be signed as they develop or the core will be lost. Randa is a great stop gap sign. I'd up my grade DanO.

Is the press conference happening? I'm actually trying to work and figure out what's going on the Reds and I am one girl.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Yeah, the Reds signed a 35 year old third basemen with a career OPS of .765. Its parade time....
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I'm actually trying to work and figure out what's going on the Reds and I am one girl.
    But you are one special girl!!!!!!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Yeah, the Reds signed a 35 year old third basemen with a career OPS of .765. Its parade time....
    Give me a freaking break. That's all. Shades of the Van der wal press conference last season. Wonder if Randa shovels his own snow?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

this also opens up Freel to platoon w/ Jiminez at 2nd since DJ is putrid against LH pitching. (.591 OPS in 2004)
    School's out. What did you expect?

Someone throw me a bone here. Was the presser only to announce the Randa signing?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?