Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Randa signed

Re: Randa

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Are you saying that as a fan or as someone in the know?
    Sorry, just as a fan.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Braves board buzzing about Kearns coming to their team.

http://mb3.scout.com/fatlantabravesf...tart=1&stop=20
    The Braves have exactly nothing I want--boy, I hope the Reds don't do something stupid.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    Since the beginning of the 2003 season, Randa created 79.54 Runs per 600 TPA while Freel created 80.13 runs per 600 TPA. I just don't see a pressing reason to use resources to sign someone like Randa when there's someone already in-house, especially when the player that is in-house gives the team something it lacks, a legit top of the order guy. Randa is many things, but he's NOT a leadoff hitter.

The Reds, IMO, are much better off with Freel and Jiminez at the top of the lineup then with Jiminez and Lopez, with Randa in the lower 3rd.
    But could Freel excel as the everyday 3B...he can play it, but I wouldn't say he can play it at a high level every day.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Braves board buzzing about Kearns coming to their team.

http://mb3.scout.com/fatlantabravesf...tart=1&stop=20
    I'm too lazy to register--what are they suggesting the deal is?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by stevekun
    This pessimism is killing me...you all will be regreting saying these negative things about Randa...he is a solid 3rd baseman. You will see. I have seen him here in KC and all the fans here were MAD when the Royals let him walk.

After 2 years of Brandon Larson/Castro, I'm seeing Randa as a big upgrade.

Sure, it won't make us a contender, but having someone who can play decent defense and hit ok (yeah, I know, not great) will be nice.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    But could Freel excel as the everyday 3B...he can play it, but I wouldn't say he can play it at a high level every day.

I think he can be an average 3B. With what he brings on offense, that's good enough for me.

I'd rather they stick him at one place and leave him there. The only place that's available for them to do that is third.

Since the beginning of the 2003 season, Randa created 79.54 Runs per 600 TPA while Freel created 80.13 runs per 600 TPA. I just don't see a pressing reason to use resources to sign someone like Randa when there's someone already in-house, especially when the player that is in-house gives the team something it lacks, a legit top of the order guy. Randa is many things, but he's NOT a leadoff hitter.

The Reds, IMO, are much better off with Freel and Jiminez at the top of the lineup then with Jiminez and Lopez, with Randa in the lower 3rd.
    if we were talking about a DH, then yes. But we're not. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't think Freel cuts it defensivley at 3rd base.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    After 2 years of Brandon Larson/Castro, I'm seeing Randa as a big upgrade.

Sure, it won't make us a contender, but having someone who can play decent defense and hit ok (yeah, I know, not great) will be nice.

Redread, you're really starting to scare me lately.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Since the beginning of the 2003 season, Randa created 79.54 Runs per 600 TPA while Freel created 80.13 runs per 600 TPA. .
    So, if I'm reading this right, they are approximately equal in runs created.

Randa can field 3b better than Freel, so it's an upgrade, IMO.

Freel will get plenty of playing time, as he's Miley's boy, don't worry about that.

Maybe Jimeniz is on his way elsewhere. Just because he was offered arb doesn't mean he'll be on the team on opening day.

I don't have the stats (other than fielding percentage) to prove it, but 3b seemed to be Freel's worse posistion, by far.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    if we were talking about a DH, then yes. But we're not. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't think Freel cuts it defensivley at 3rd base.

For what Freel costs, yeah I can live with him on defense at third.

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Bingo. Freel is bad everyday third baseman. He just gives away to many outs over the course of a season.

His optimal position is 9th man, covering 2B, 3B and the outfield.

So, if I'm reading this right, they are approximately equal in runs created.

Randa can field 3b better than Freel, so it's an upgrade, IMO.

Is Randa's defense going to be worth the difference in cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I'm too lazy to register--what are they suggesting the deal is?
    Horacio Ramirez for Kearns

It's what they want to happen anyway. I don't think its a rumor or anything.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Horacio Ramirez for Kearns

It's what they want to happen anyway. I don't think its a rumor or anything.
    Good deal for the Reds, trade for a sore-armed pitcher.

Maybe Jimeniz is on his way elsewhere. Just because he was offered arb doesn't mean he'll be on the team on opening day.
    Getting a head start on two New Year's Resolutions? First, you have been so positive it's scary. Second, you spelled Jimenez right :MandJ:

That is my game plan with Jimenez, to get him signed to a nice $ figure, they did that. Now, if someone is looking for a second baseman with a modest contract, Jimenez is signed, sealed, and tradeable.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?