Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Randa signed

Re: Randa

This could also be a sign and trade. LA needs a 3rd baseman as bad as we do. I doubt it, but you never know. LA just signed Jose Valetin, but I don't think they want him to be their answer at 3rd.

I can't envision Austin Kearns being traded straight up for Javier Vasquez. That would be absolutely stupid IMO. Now, if we get Ishii, Vasquez, and a prospect, I would like that.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt

Remember, you don't always hear about deals that almost get done.
    Right. And it's usually because someone gets cold feet (DanO?) :buttkick:
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

The Reds have already had trade discussions in the past about Vazquez and Oakland's Big Three, so this wouldn't be new territory.

Remember, you don't always hear about deals that almost get done.
    True, but anyone can tinker in proposals. OB stepping up and pulling the trigger on a deal of this nature is unchartered territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Right. And it's usually because someone gets cold feet (DanO?) :buttkick:
    I hope his feet are freezing. It is the first day of winter.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio
    True, but anyone can tinker in proposals. OB stepping up and pulling the trigger on a deal of this nature is unchartered territory.
    You're under the assumption that it was DanO who backed off the trigger. That wasn't the case in the possible deal(s) with Oakland.

Time is the Revelator.

What exactly is the source of this?

Anyways, I like it. Good stop gap for Edwin. Kearns in RF is the best place for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    I can't envision Austin Kearns being traded straight up for Javier Vasquez. That would be absolutely stupid IMO. Now, if we get Ishii, Vasquez, and a prospect, I would like that.
    More than likely, the Reds are the ones that are going to have to kick in something extra on their side in a Kearns for Vazquez deal because you know they'll ask for cash to be kicked in on the LA side. That means the Reds will have to add players of value (Freel?) to get that big chunk o' cash they want in return.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

You're under the assumption that it was DanO who backed off the trigger. That wasn't the case in the possible deal(s) with Oakland.
    You're right in that I don't know what all has gone down, but I'm working under the premise that OB has been asking for a lot in return.....a "no brainer" type of arrangement that would offer little to question.

Still no source for this rumor?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

brooklynredz, who fed us the ortiz deal. The man's got connections, Johnny.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Still no source for this rumor?

{At the request of this person: CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION}
    School's out. What did you expect?

Much as the name might seem the same, I can back up BRedz. He's on the money here.

:all_cohol :all_cohol :all_cohol
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    :all_cohol :all_cohol :all_cohol

"You should listen to this man, he's Pre-Med."

Wait.....is Todd Lorenz from Brooklyn?

Turn Off Ads?