Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Randa signed

Re: Randa

...now I have to wait another hour and 15 minutes? :

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't even know who plays for the Reds anymore :MandJ: :MandJ:
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I only take Vasquez on if LA takes Griffey.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    I only take Vasquez on if LA takes Griffey.
    I would be more than willing to do that. I'd even give them Dane Sarhina! :MandJ:
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

A statement that will live in infamy

"As we move to the holidays, we've got discussions with several people and we're hopeful that we can continue to add to our talent base," said O'Brien. "But it's very difficult to predict the outcome, so what you in essence have is, you have Plan A, then the fallback position of Plan B, then Plan C and so on, and they're all sort of going at the same time in various stages."
    Could Plan A, B, and C culminate in the procurement of a third baseman, also known as the "hot corner" (using fingers to make quote marks), thus setting wheels in motion for Plan B to come to fruition, which set off a thermonuclear reaction that allowed Plan C to climax?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I don't even know who plays for the Reds anymore :MandJ: :MandJ:
    Are you like me, going "so this is what it feels like to follow a team that makes moves?" :MandJ:
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    I'm almost giddy with excitement...well as giddy as accountants get
    Can those 2 words go together in a sentence and not cause the fabic of the universe to unravel.... giddy and accountant... :MandJ:

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75
    Can those 2 words go together in a sentence and not cause the fabic of the universe to unravel.... giddy and accountant... :MandJ:
    Have you been talking to my wife?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I would be more than willing to do that. I'd even give them Dane Sarhina! :MandJ:
    Let's not be too generous, now. :MandJ:
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Are you like me, going "so this is what it feels like to follow a team that makes moves?" :MandJ:

Exactly. I'm not even sure I'm on the right board anymore. :MandJ:
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Could Plan A, B, and C culminate in the procurement of a third baseman, also known as the "hot corner" (using fingers to make quote marks), thus setting wheels in motion for Plan B to come to fruition, which set off a thermonuclear reaction that allowed Plan C to climax?
    Watch it buddy; this is a family board.
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

best all-around player when he's at his all-time low point in terms of value.
    We're giving up Adam Dunn now?

Dealing Kearns for Vazquez is risky, but it's not very often that small market teams don't have to take on risk when they make deals.

If Dan'O does this deal and we get the 2003 Vazquez then the Reds start to look really, really interesting as a sleeper team in 2005.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Relax people, this is the Reds your talking about.

AD is not our best all-around player, Redsfaithful... he strikes out too much.
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    One of the reasons I don't like these kinds of signings is that if he puts up a decent month or two, or is viewed as a good "clubhouse guy" or puts up a decent batting average, which he usually does, or has a few key RBIs, people will be clamoring for the FO to resign the guy. And John Allen will do it if he thinks the fans want it.

One year signings are good in theory, but with the Reds FO it will likely turn into another Jimmy Haynes or Paul Wilson.

It's like my kids when they sy "just five more minutes, dad." Well, it's never just five more minutes. And with the Reds, it's not likely to be just one year.
    What you say is very true. But with EE down on the farm, a shrewd GM would hope for a good couple of months from Randa and a trade deadline flip. That is where the value of signing some of these guys can come in even if you aren't ready for the playoffs yet.

Turn Off Ads?