Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Reitsma Traded to the Braves.

--From the Thursday, May 22, 2003 printed edition of the Augusta Chronicle

The Braves bullpen didn't fare any better. Gryboski threw a fat fastball to Kearns, who brought the crowd to its feet with a game-deciding double, then rookie left-hander Jung Bong gave up a three-run home run to pinch hitter Adam Dunn in the eighth.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I remember that game. That was an awesome HR by AD. I thought it was a walk off, but I was wrong.

Him and AK came down to the restaurant after the game.

Marty points out that Casey and LaRue are upset. Do these guys have to throw little baby fits with every trade? This is not the church softball team where playing with your buddies is more important than being any good.

Could we go ahead and trade Casey so we don't have to listen to him cry everytime someone is traded.

Originally posted by Shaggy Sanchez
    Marty points out that Casey and LaRue are upset. Do these guys have to throw little baby fits with every trade? This is not the church softball team where playing with your buddies is more important than being any good.

Could we go ahead and trade Casey so we don't have to listen to him cry everytime someone is traded.
    I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure those players are human, with human emotions. And since we won WWII, this is still a free country and they can voice those feelings. You know, just like you did about them.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Obrien only wishes ANYONE would take Casey off our hands.

Actually it is pretty unprofessional for the same player to always ***** and moan about trades. If this certain player would produce even to half his income than maybe we wouldn't be in such a dire financial situation.

I doubt they are "crying" over it.

You would be "upset" too if your friend just got traded. You move on, and I'm sure SC, and JL are doing just that.

Originally posted by Shaggy Sanchez

Sheesh - some of you people have NO idea. Don't forget that these players are PEOPLE too. Sure baseball is a business, but cut the guys some slack for being a bit dissappointed that one of their good friends was traded away. I don't think that by 'upset' that they are meaing that Casey and Larue are griping to the front office. Can they not be 'upset' that a good friend is gone?

As much as Chris will miss Cincy, I really think that things could go well for Chris in Atlanta. At least he has more hope of making the playoffs :mhcky21:

Originally posted by Cedric
    Obrien only wishes ANYONE would take Casey off our hands.

Actually it is pretty unprofessional for the same player to always ***** and moan about trades. If this certain player would produce even to half his income than maybe we wouldn't be in such a dire financial situation.
    They would still be in the "dire" financial situation. It would just be a heck of alot easier to swallow.

We would have alot more flexibility if we could get rid of Casey and Grif.

Nobody is complaining about the players being dissapointed they lost a friend in private. But it reeks of unproffesional behavior when people like Graves and Casey whine PUBLICLY after every single move the front office makes.

Worth The Wait
    This is one Bong we DO NOT want people to hit!

The Reds would have alot more flexibility if the FO would loosen up the purse strings a bit.

Freaking 1460 here in Columbus nearly made me have a complete meltdown.

I riding around in my car all la dee da like and all of a sudden I hear "The Reds made a trade today, and you Reds fans aren't going to like it......But you're gonna havta stick around until after the break."

My reaction went a little something like this (people could see and hear me btw):

"Garghhhh!!"

"Honk!"

"Bleep bleep"

"Yarrrrrggghhhhh!!!"

See, I thought maybe they had traded Dunn. Then they gave the rundown after what seemed like eight minutes of commercials.

Not a bad deal. I'll have to echo the sentiments of others who've stated that it's better to deal from strength, and recieve multiple arms.

And REDREAD, you can't be more wrong about thier roles. They could indeed end up being middle relief journeymen, but that's not how they're regarded at this time by either organization.

Very good trade.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I wonder if Jung is related to William Phillip Bong of the Super Silly Party?

Okay, I'll retreat back from my Pythonesque geekdom now.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Worth The Wait
    If Jung gets into a hot tub, would he be considered a water Bong?

Sorry, that one was really lame

Originally posted by Edskin
    This is one Bong we DO NOT want people to hit!
    They don't want to hit the BONG too hard, they might choke.

Turn Off Ads?