Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Reitsma Traded to the Braves.

Worth The Wait
    Let's say RFS62 and SteelSD decided to gang up on Jung and beat the heck out of him. Could we then say....

"RFS62 and SteelSD took turns alternatley hitting the Bong."

???

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Puff Puff Pass

Worth The Wait
    OK, now let's say TeamCasey and TeamBoone are sitting at GAB watching the Reds warm-up. They bust out the binoculars but can't find Jung anywhere. Could we say...

"TC and TB looked everywhere, but were unable to locate Bong."

????

Should I stop now???

Originally posted by Edskin
    Should I stop now???
    Yes
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I think we will need a separate thread -- and a sticky -- for the Bong jokes. It may be the only thing that gets us all through September.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Originally posted by savafan
    I have this gut feeling that DanO isn't done dealing before the end of the season. Something tells me that he's now had enough time to become familiar with and evaluate players and now has an idea of what he wants to do.
    Excellent! More prospects coming!!:rock_band

Well, for Haynes I'll take anything...I don't want to see him butcher more games every 5th day

I tend to like it. Only time will tell, but I believe the idea behind it is for the best. A few more like this, and we are bound to come out with something good.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Originally posted by REDREAD
    I think that Reitsma's attempt to hardball them in arb put him on Allen's blacklist.
    I think if you make more than the league minimum, you're on Allen's blacklist

Originally posted by KittyDuran
    On a lighter note of interest to the Redszone Ladies... with this trade the "babe" quotient just went down on this team, sigh...
    What the heck, we have a bong. We won't care. :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    A couple things:

1. At first blush, I like the deal quite a bit. But everyone should remember that the Braves don't often trade away pitchers that pan out. Even the big exception, Jason Schmidt, took several years to blossom. For every one of him, there's several more Steve Averies, Bruce Chens, etc.

2. Several posts here have said that Baseball America ranks Nelson as the Braves' fourth best prospect. I have the 2004 Baseball America and he's ranked as their THIRD best prospect. John Sickels gives him a "B," and he doesn't quite make the Top 50 pitchers in MLB on his list of prospects.

3. I'll miss Chris and Catch 22!
    Stick to your guns.

So DanO's stock has gone up a couple points on the RedsZone Exchange? We need a graph on the home page to show his popularity rating.

I think its a trade that will work out well for both teams. They both got what they wanted.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Originally posted by Edskin
    OK, now let's say TeamCasey and TeamBoone are sitting at GAB watching the Reds warm-up. They bust out the binoculars but can't find Jung anywhere. Could we say...

"TC and TB looked everywhere, but were unable to locate Bong."

????

Should I stop now???
    :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Reds deal with Atlanta? (close me)

I didn't see any posts.. Reitsma to the Braves for Bong and Nelson?!

If this is true!! Wow.. Bubba Nelson is huuuge.

Edit.. sorry.. I guess I was to excited to really look.
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

its true, refer to the top of the board
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Originally posted by Catch22
    Sheesh - some of you people have NO idea. Don't forget that these players are PEOPLE too. Sure baseball is a business, but cut the guys some slack for being a bit dissappointed that one of their good friends was traded away. I don't think that by 'upset' that they are meaing that Casey and Larue are griping to the front office. Can they not be 'upset' that a good friend is gone?

As much as Chris will miss Cincy, I really think that things could go well for Chris in Atlanta. At least he has more hope of making the playoffs :mhcky21:
    That would be fine if it stopped at that, Catch, but I will be surprised if Casey does not have another anti-FO quote or two in the paper tomorrow because one of his buddies got traded. Sure, Chris is a good pitcher and I'm sure he is a really great guy, but with each trade last year Casey got more and more vocal. Plus, the whining is done publicly with the clear intent of using the media to talk to the front office. Already, he and LaRue were public enough with their emotions that Brenneman made note of it. That is the wrong way to handle showing your disapproval of management.

Turn Off Ads?