Thread: Guillen to Oakland

Maybe Billy Beane didn't read Moneyball

2. Turn Off Ads?
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by gm
    [B]Billy Beane acquires Jose Guillen = dogs and cats, sleeping together

eh?

Telephone Sanitizer
    Originally posted by djeternal
    Might be true, but Minors does not equal the Majors.
    Of course not, but given the choice of guessing a guy's future based on:
    A) ~80 games in the Minors OR
    B) ~20 games in the Majors,
    I'll select option A. Also keep in mind that last year he posted a 4.83 ERA for the A's which, although not especially impressive, isn't all that bad for a guy during his first partial season.

Larson in LF, Mateo in CF, Dunn back to RF.

Tomorrow it will be Larson @ 3rd base.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

dj...and cash adds to no on-field talent. Given Guillen is going to be a free-agent, it appears we got very good value for a non-pitcher. Let's hope the PTBNL is significant in the Williamson trade.

Very nice trade, Reds. I know Guillen had eye-popping numbers, but I still smelled "career year" around him. Harang, alone, is worth Guillen straight up. I was shocked by the Williamson trade (hoping you guys would get more), but you came out on the high end on this one.

Kudos.
    Hell of a race in the Central! Hang on for the ride!!!!!!!!!!

WEll, I'm sure we'll get to see Harang soon enough. My guess is that he's immediately thrown into the rotation.

Much better than getting just cash though.. I wonder if the public outrage over Williamson had anything to do with it.

At least this deal is close enough to reasonable to reserve judgement.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Sounds like a decent deal. Now move Boone to Seattle for a couple more pitching prospects.

couch30
    Anyone know about Harang's contract? How long he is signed for etc?

Originally posted by couch30
    He barely has a year of ML service time accumulated at this point.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

I see Harang listed at 6-7, 240... Never realized that before. Pretty big lefty. I'm getting Candelaria images.

All dyslexics must untie!
    Guillen is the anti-Beane kind of hitter (Jose never takes a walk, etc) Hence the dog/cat apocalyptic reference from Ghostbusters

Has Larson been called up? Too much input, today!
    Never overlook the obvious

Telephone Sanitizer
    Originally posted by couch30
    He doesn't even have a full year of Major League service yet, so he's still two years away from even being eligible for arbitration. He'll be making a few hundred thousand the next two years.

Originally posted by Legion of Dunn
    I see Harang listed at 6-7, 240... Never realized that before. Pretty big lefty. I'm getting Candelaria images.
    He's a righty.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Harang is not a lefty, is he?

Also
    Sounds like a decent deal. Now move Boone to Seattle for a couple more pitching prospects.
    So what do the Reds do at 3B after Aaron is gone? I'm not convinced that Larson is the answer.

Turn Off Ads?