Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nuxhall being FORCED out -- Channel 5 Reporting

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Nuxhall being FORCED out -- Channel 5 Reporting

Reported by Channel 5 in an interview, Joe said he feels he is being forced out by someone in the organization, but says it's NOT John Allen

I think more is coming at 6:00
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 08-04-2004 at 07:52 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nuxhall being FORCED out

Well, if it isn't John Allen, who the heck could it be? If Allen is the guy who hires and fires these announcers, unless it's one of the owners, I can't fathom who it could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

If Joe won't leave voluntarily, he needs to be forced out.

It happens everyday. Joe needs to go.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Channel 5 suggested at the end of the piece that Carl Lindner is the one.

This did not come from a comment from Joe.

For a Level Playing Field

I never thought that a MLB announcer's job was like a Supreme Court appointee.

Hey, Joe... your job is like mine and 99.9% of the U.S. population. There is no guarantee.

Joe... please do not go out like this. I have grown up w/ you and Marty and think the world of both of you as announcers. Joe... do not do it like this. Please, Joe!

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

He said he understands that he has been replaced in the booth and he abides by that decision.

However, he said he would be receptive to a job on the Speakers Bureau, for example. and he would be happy to do play by play on a dozen or so games next year.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Having the ancient Mr. Lindner pull the strings provides plausible deniability on age being a factor in the forced retirement.
    /r/reds

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Joe doesn't want to do a full season anymore....part time -- what is wrong with that? Don't do this to him

If Carl Lindner (which Tommy Helms suggests in the piece) is forcing him out, then he should be forced out

This is an absolute, classless move in my opinion

Those who feel Joe should retire -- should Barry Larkin retire to? It's a personal decision, not a club decision
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 08-04-2004 at 06:27 PM.

Perhaps he's being forced out for monetary reasons. That seems to be the reason for everything that happens with this team. I'm sure Steve is cheaper :thumbdn: It really is a shame to treat him this way with all the years he's been in the Reds organization.

Also, with the addition of Steve Stewart, I've come to appreciate Joe even more. He just has such a warm personality and aura about him makes him enjoyable to listen to. No that I see what the booth is like without him, I realize I've taken him for granted.

Another reason for longtime Reds fans to have a problem with this organization.

But just because Joe feels he's being forced out doesn't mean its true. I'm not calling him a liar, but perhaps he sees the end coming very soon and is starting to regret it.

Whatever is happening, however, I've always liked Marty and Joe and will be sad to see that duo end, but all good things must come to an end sometime, and I think it's probably time for the Reds' broadcast to move on.

Perhaps Marty wanted him gone...

Maybe, just maybe... they don't want to drag it out? ala Harry?

YEAH!!! EVERYONE RUN OFF WITH A BASELESS RUMOR!! WOO HOO!!

The reds are forcing Nuxie to retire because Steve Stewarts' cheaper. That must be it, or are they forcing him out because Lindner remembers his 60th birthday watching this young fella Nuxhall take the field. Now seeing Nuxhall makes Lindner feel old, I think that's what it is.

Or is it that everyone agreed that Nuxhall would do 60 games this year and retire next year. Except Joe wanted to do more games this year, so they said fine, and Nuxhall has done more games.

Now to be fair I didn't watch the Channel 5 piece,

Did anyone say he couldn't do anymore games next year? My guess is if he approached the Reds when next season's schedule came out and came up with a list of 12-24 games he would like to do, they would be receptive.
    This is all because Tommy Helms is saying the Reds are forcing out Nuxhall. Can we please get someone more plugged in than the guy who was last employed with the Reds when Pete Rose managed?
    Last edited by Hoosier Red; 08-04-2004 at 07:14 PM.

Retired

I don't think I buy the story that Lindner is forcing him out. Carl is big on tradition, and has shown in the past his preference to hire those with ties to Cincinnati and the Reds whenever he can. I don't see him forcing Nuxhall out.

Turn Off Ads?