Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda debuts new pickup

Honda debuts new pickup

Not bad....

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/article.a...erage&GT1=5967

Honda enters an entirely new market segment with the world debut of the 2006 Ridgeline pickup truck.

Honda’s first entry into the half-ton pickup segment is a 4-door 5-passenger truck that offers a number of innovative features including a steel reinforced composite bed, a dual action tailgate, and a lockable watertight storage area location under the truck bed. The Dual Action tailgate can be lowered like a traditional tailgate or swing to the side.

Ridgeline is powered by a 3.5-liter VTEC V6 engine that produces 255 horsepower and 252 lb-ft of torque, mated to a standard 5-speed automatic transmission.

Standard equipment includes air conditioning, power windows, power door locks, air conditioning, and 5-passenger seating. The second-row features a 60/40 split bench seat will lift up to allow using the rear seat area for cargo. Standard safety equipment includes side curtain airbags with rollover sensor, front side airbags, ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution, Vehicle Stability Assist, and traction control.

Unlike traditional full-size pickup trucks, the Ridgeline does not have a cargo bed that is separate from the passenger cab; the bed and cab are integrated, giving the truck a distinctive look. The Ridgeline uses a fully integrated closed box frame and unit body construction, and is rated for a half-ton (1,100-pound) bed capacity and 5,000-pound towing capacity.

The Ridgeline also features four-wheel fully independent suspension and a fully automatic Variable Torque Management 4-Wheel Drive System (VTM-4WD) that can transfer up to 70 percent of the available torque to the rear wheels.

Ridgeline will be offered in three versions, RT, RT-S, and RT-L, and will go on sale at Honda dealerships in March of 2005. Final pricing has not been announced but is expected to be in the range of $27,000 to $32,000.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Time is the Revelator.

Re: Honda debuts new pickup

I have a new favorite truck.

Sweeeet.

Now that's cool!

Hey Zombie!

Kind of ugly if you ask me
    Go Gators!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Toyota's looking to get into this market, too. That's generating lots of buzz down here because Toyota is building a new truck plant in San Antonio.
    /r/reds

Leave it to Honda to build a truck a car guys likes. And it will be bulletproof and last forever. Hmmm.

Looks like a winner to me.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

That is a sharp looking truck!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    That is a sharp looking truck!
    Thank you! And GAC was involved in the new model try when we started producing the engine here in Anna.

The truck is actually geared towards the younger genreation.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Now that's cool!

Hey Zombie!
    It ain't no Scion xB. :mhcky21:
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Sorry, but that is not a truck. That is a SUV with the back lopped off. Also, although the horsepower is impressive enough, the torque is much too little to be useful as a working vehicle. Pretty sharp looking, though.

That's no truck.

THIS is a truck:

Quote Originally Posted by Red Heeler
    Sorry, but that is not a truck. That is a SUV with the back lopped off. Also, although the horsepower is impressive enough, the torque is much too little to be useful as a working vehicle. Pretty sharp looking, though.
    You're right. In fact it's called an SUT (Sport Utility Truck). It's not intended/designed to used necessarily as a "working" truck (i.e. Ford F-150). It's was engineered and geared towards that young "jet-setting" generation. :allovrjr:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GIK
    That's no truck.

THIS is a truck:
    Put dual wheels on the back, and you are talking my language.

Out west it's consider blasphemy to call these "trucks." They're "pick-ups."
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?