Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What food do you miss from your childhood

What food do you miss from your childhood

westofyou mentioned Marathon Bars in another thread as something he would die for, and I had mentioned that my wife felt the same way, and that we ordered "CurlyWurly" bars from Cadbury online, and they are nearly identical to Marathon Bars.

This got me to thinking, what other foods from your youth do you miss? Is it available online to purchase, and if so, do you purchase it online? Please include links to foods if you purchase them online as others might be interested in purchasing them.

Here is the link to the CurlyWurly Bars:

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/curly-wurly.htm
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What food do you miss from your childhood

I miss No Jelly candy bars. They were similar to Reese's, but better. Of course if everyone had thought they were better they would still be around.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I miss this one snack, I think it was from Hostess, that was called Chocolicious. It was basically chocolate cake with chocolate icing in between layers, and chocolate sprinkles on top. I also miss Chipwichs (which I think they still make).

Once I stuck my hand in a container of shredded coconut and quickly stuffed a big gob of it into my mouth without really looking at it - so my grandmother wouldn't find out that I was getting into her cake ingredients. Turned out that coocnut had been down in the cupboard for a number of years, and I had a mouth full of mold.

Otherwise, I was a big fan of grilled cheese sandwiches (with bacon) and apple wedges.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

When we lived in upstate New York as kids, the fad was to have "Speedies".. which were some kind of pork thing. I think it was maranaded. Then it was grilled. Had a nice distinctive taste. Not that I've been asking around for it, but after we left there in the 70's, hadn't seen one or even met someone who knew what they were.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    When we lived in upstate New York as kids, the fad was to have "Speedies".. which were some kind of pork thing. I think it was maranaded. Then it was grilled. Had a nice distinctive taste. Not that I've been asking around for it, but after we left there in the 70's, hadn't seen one or even met someone who knew what they were.
    We buy Spiedie sauce when we go home in the summer. We always keep a few bottles around. I generally use chicken though.

Do you miss salt potatoes? Steamed Clams?

I used to love PBJs dunked in orange juice.

I miss free food. Now whenever I want to eat, it costs me money.

I also miss food that magically appears on the table and plates that are whisked away to a sudsy place where elves clean them.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

I remember around the time I was in the 10-12 year-old little league days... Space Dust (Pop Rocks) was the candy of choice for a summer or two. Put it on your tongue and it starting cracking and popping. All the kids wanted the stuff.

Then the rumors started up about a few kids (incl. a rumor about Mikey from Life Cereal commercial fame) having their esophagus blow up and killing them from this stuff. That seemed to put an end to the popularity that Space Dust had.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

You can still get Pop Rocks.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    You can still get Pop Rocks.
    Actually, I just bought some for my son a couple weeks ago. They were just as good as I remembered.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Man Pills

Nestle's "Chunky" Bars.

Zero Bars

Oh, oh, I remember another: I don't remember their name but they were small frozen donuts, cinnamon-sugar-topped--you heated them. Gawd those were good. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 02-02-2005 at 02:43 PM.

When I was a kid, my special treat lunch was Beanie Weenies. I loved Beanie Weenies.

I think they still sell them, we just never buy them

Pay attention to the open sky

Pop Rocks mixed with Pepsi are the bomb.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?