Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thin-sliced cheese

Re: Thin-sliced cheese

Wellll...This is kinda my area of expertise, and lemme tellya, texture makes all the difference in deli meats and cheeses.

I've been an owner of a Jersey Mike's franchise for going on eleven years now, and regardless of what some might say about other places, we've got the best product on the market.

You can come in, go up to the slicer and ask them to make any type of sandwich you want, even though we have a huge menu with all kindsa good stuff.

They're based in New Jersey, so it's the real deal. In fact, an owner of a WELL RUN Jersey Mikes has to go to Point Pleasant every year or so in order to maintain a quality product.

I know there's one in Boston M2, but I'm not exactly sure where it is. Last year, I hung out with the guy that runs it, and we drank lots of beer and watched the Sox beat Oakland in the playoffs. All of our cheering didn't go over well in Point Pleasant New Jersey, though.

There's alot of them in the Cincy area, so go check 'em out, and if it's not as I say, PM me, and I'll see what I can do about it.

Sorry for the plug, but sandwiches are really close to my heart.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wheels, we've got a Jersey Mike's here in Pinehurst, and it's great.

Far superior to all the other franchise delis, IMO.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Thank you very much.

Too bad they don't advertise, 'cause I'd be RICH.

Rich, I tell ya!

What's your favorite sandwich RFS?
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Used to wait tables at a diner in CT, a stone's throw over the NY border. Regular coffee was one cream, one sugar.

Trader Joe's is nationwide and it's totally awesome. We've got 'em all over Boston. Do they have stock? Can you buy a franchise? It's a goldmine if you can.
    No stock, privately held at this point.

Don't believe it's franchised either.

I believe the owner of TJoes also owns ALDIs.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62

Best Philly Cheesesteak in Ohio.

We dress our sandwiches around here.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels

Yep, it's awesome

A SHORT HISTORY - AND FUTURE - OF TRADER JOE'S
    Trader Joe's actually began in 1958 as a chain of convenience stores called "Pronto Markets” in the Los Angeles area. In 1967, the founder, Joe Coulombe, the original Trader Joe, wanted to expand the stores' offerings and enhance their image. He doubled the floor space and offered hard-to-find, boutique domestic and imported wines and gourmet food items at outstanding prices. He decked out the stores with cedar plank walls and nautical décor and garbed the Captain (the store manager), the First Mate (the assistant manager) and the Crew Members in colorful Hawaiian shirts. "Trader Joe's" was born.

Currently Trader Joe's has expanded to over 200 stores in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington.

Our future plans call for on-going development of new, one-of-a-kind food items at value prices, and continued expansion of our chain across the country.

To date, Trader Joe's celebrates over 40 years of consistent growth and profit in the food and beverage industry. We have personally funded our own expansion to over 200 stores in 17 states (and counting) - all without debt. All of our unique grocery stores are company operated - no franchises! - and we promote from within.

Rem

Hey, wheels, I love Jersey Mikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Serving the meat in sauce is heresy in this part of TX. Any good BBQ place worth its salt here serves the meat bare with sauce available at the table or at a condiment stand.
    Tried Dickey's in Dallas? not bad for a chain. It isn't that i don like BBQ, it's that the options are BBQ and Mexican or chains like Fridays. Sometimes i just yearn for a little variety in my food. I miss coneys and sliders.

That said, my wife is making mexican tonight.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Jersey Mike's is right next to the Chinese restaurant I frequent.
    Do they use provolone or cheesewiz (sp)?

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red
    Jersey Mike's is right next to the Chinese restaurant I frequent.
    Do they use provolone or cheesewiz (sp)?
    Actually, we use white american, which is the tradtional cheese for a cheesesteak.

You can ask for provolone if you want it, though.

If you've never been there before, though, I suggest you try the #5 or #13.
    They're traditional Jersey Shore style cold italian subs. Lots of vinegar and oil is a must.

Jersey Mike's is old school, which is what I dig about it the most. Go old school first, and if you don't like it, you can modify it to your own specs, but be open minded.

For a chain, Jersey Mike's is right up there. There used to be one very close to where I worked. I sometimes grab one to take to a game (there's one across Vine from the Westin). I also like Penn Station (and they always ask me if it's the way I wanted it after I've taken a few bites), and their fries are to die for.

Regarding deli slicing... never had a problem with ANY supermarket deli. The slice it the way I want it and after the first slice they always ask if it's ok. I think that's the right thing to do, even if you request thin, thick, and medium. It's all in the eyes of the beholder (or buyer, in this instance).

I drink my coffee black and always order it black.

My favorite "local" sandwich in Cincy is the double-decker. I'd never heard of them until I moved here... they are truly awesome.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Actually, we use white american, which is the tradtional cheese for a cheesesteak.

You can ask for provolone if you want it, though.

If you've never been there before, though, I suggest you try the #5 or #13.
    They're traditional Jersey Shore style cold italian subs. Lots of vinegar and oil is a must.

Jersey Mike's is old school, which is what I dig about it the most. Go old school first, and if you don't like it, you can modify it to your own specs, but be open minded.
    Could you flash freeze one and have it delivered to texas?

I'll send Carne Quisada as payment.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?