Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it "domestic violence" if the couple isn't married?

Re: Is it "domestic violence" if the couple isn't married?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Help me understand. You don't think a perp should see the inside of a jail cell or is it not assualt?
    No, I'm saying that domestic violence is more than a simple assault or battery. Domestic violence could be a husband telling a wife who had one breast removed from breast cancer that she was no longer a real woman time after time after time. Its picking up a gun and pacing around the house telling her that she'll be sorry if she ever divorces him. Its repeatedly telling her that the house is his and if she ever leaves him that he'll tie her to the bed and burn down the house.

None of these constitute assault nor battery. But they can be enough for a domestic violence injunction. You're looking at domestic violence as a man hitting a woman. But that is one small aspect of it.

Weaking these laws by decreasing the class of people who can use them is a step in the wrong, wrong direction.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Puffy, the breast cancer thing doesn't apply in Ohio

(A) No person shall knowingly cause or attempt to cause physical harm to a family or household member.

(B) No person shall recklessly cause serious physical harm to a family or household member.

(C) No person, by threat of force, shall knowingly cause a family or household member to believe that the offender will cause imminent physical harm to the family or household member.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Wow, it's not as if anyone predicted that things like this would happen if Issue 1 passed.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    Puffy, the breast cancer thing doesn't apply in Ohio

(A) No person shall knowingly cause or attempt to cause physical harm to a family or household member.

(B) No person shall recklessly cause serious physical harm to a family or household member.

(C) No person, by threat of force, shall knowingly cause a family or household member to believe that the offender will cause imminent physical harm to the family or household member.
    Wow, thats pretty narrow. Florida gives much more protection. But I could still get it in there, and I could probably get a judge to buy it, depending on other factors.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Wow, thats pretty narrow. Florida gives much more protection. But I could still get it in there, and I could probably get a judge to buy it, depending on other factors.
    That's the complaint of the men whose wives complain about them all the time.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    That's the complaint of the men whose wives complain about them all the time.
    :gac:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?