Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Congrats to the NFL...

Re: Congrats to the NFL...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Ah. So you're not giving credit to Manning for beating Denver (or KC on the road) in a loser-goes-home matchup.

Right. Sure. Yeah. I'd love to see you in a locker room. "Hey guys! Nothing big about this one! Just sleepwalk through it!!"

Yet you keep bringing up "9-0" in defense of Brady when the Oakland victory during their first playoff run shouldn't have been and he got knocked out of the Pitt game that year (Bledsoe coming in was a huge pickup for the Pats in that game).

BTW, name the starting QB of the only team to miss the playoffs the season between two Super Bowl victories. Who is that?

When Manning wins, it's you attempting to discredit. When Brady "wins", it's all about Brady.

Sorry, but you were way on the wrong side of the logic curve to begin with and you're venturing further and further in the wrong direction.

Let me see if I understand this - You're arguing that Manning can win the big game because this year he beat Denver at home and last year he beat KC
    on the Road? And that Brady has a weakness because he only led his team to the Super Bowl 3 out of the last four years, not four in a row? Or that one time in his 9-0 streak Bledsoe came in in relief? Ok you convinced me, I'm wrong. I conceed, your arguements are just too powerful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    Let me see if I understand this - You're arguing that Manning can win the big game because this year he beat Denver at home and last year he beat KC
    on the Road? And that Brady has a weakness because he only led his team to the Super Bowl 3 out of the last four years, not four in a row? Or that one time in his 9-0 streak Bledsoe came in in relief? Ok you convinced me, I'm wrong. I conceed, your arguements are just too powerful.
    No, I'm noting that your arguments are hanging by the most tenuous of threads and are illogical at best.

You credit Brady with 9 "wins" regardless of circumstance, venue, or playing time but you have now denigrated two Colts wins that your own logic says belong to Peyton Manning because it doesn't fit your premise (ie. that Manning can't win "big games" because you say so).

In order to say that, you're attempting to tell us that not all playoff games are "big games". Of course, they're all "big games" for Brady (even those he didn't play well in or play much of) in your world, but none are "big games" for Manning. Hogwash.

One doesn't have to put up a "powerful" argument in pointing out how inconsistent you've been this entire thread. All they need to do is read the posts.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

I think Peyton Manning ran over his dog or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    No, I'm noting that your arguments are hanging by the most tenuous of threads and are illogical at best..
    I may be illogical but I hit the super bowl spread right on the head-- See "Put up or Shut Up" . I note that you chose not to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    I may be illogical but I hit the super bowl spread right on the head-- See "Put up or Shut Up" . I note that you chose not to participate.
    And that has what to do with how good Peyton Manning is?

Here's your reasoning:

"I hit a point spread in a game featuring the Eagles and the Patriots so my opinion on Peyton Manning is obviously correct."

Yeah. Right.

Neither your point spread prediction nor my complete apathy about the thread you noted (didn't even know it existed) has anything to do with Peyton Manning.

Classic Johnny Cochrane "Chewbacca" defense you've put up in this thread. Truly inspired.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?