Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It's now illegal to dress the way you want in Virginia

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Re: It's now illegal to dress the way you want in Virginia

I thought I had heard that baggy pants were against the law in Louisiana.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I don't remember the swim team and the wrestlers walking down the hall in their unis too often in my day. Maybe that's changed. You had to go to a meet if you wanted to see some skin in that manner

Personally, I think crotch grabbing should be outlawed before they go against too low baggy pants.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    What about sweater vests in the middle of summer?
    Hey!!! Some guys can pull it off... Only the very cutest guys!! : :MandJ:
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I am offended that people find so many things offensive. Perhaps we should ban being offended.

This is a load of crap, pure and simple.
    I love our government. They'll hit on your wife, cheat on theirs, bilk everyone out of tax dollars, send your kids to die based on bad evidence, spread "menstrual blood" on Muslim detainees in Gitmo to get information, yet you kids better not let your underwear show.

How bold.

I guess they'd prefer we all wear something from the Arnold Palmer collection at Sears.

My mother has a picture of her great grandfather - it has to be from the 1800s- and he has this beard with no mustache. It might be the most ridiculous looking thing I have ever seen. This thing would have made even the most ardent Vietnam War protester blush, it is that long and unruly.

He couldn't work at many corporations today wearing it, yet he came from a better, more moral time.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 02-10-2005 at 12:36 PM.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    I love our government. They'll hit on your wife, cheat on theirs, bilk everyone out of tax dollars, send your kids to die based on bad evidence, spread "menstrual blood" on Muslim detainees in Gitmo to get information, yet you kids better not let your underwear show.
    No doubt! They (the gov't) will even get stone cold drunk and drive off a bridge... with your daughter in the car. And then leave her to drown while they swim to safety and then hideout for 8 hours. Then they get away with this with nothing more than a slap on the wrist b/c of their family name!!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

No doubt! They (the gov't) will even get stone cold drunk and drive off a bridge... with your daughter in the car. And then leave her to drown while they swim to safety and then hideout for 8 hours. Then they get away with this with nothing more than a slap on the wrist b/c of their family name!!
    Or they'll sell arms for hostages and use the money to fund a secret and unconstitutional war and then lie under oath about doing it and then pardon their friends so they don't have to serve jail time like you or I would.

And then they get their own talk show where they place their religious beliefs on their sleeve and talk about what wonderful god-fearing Americans they all are.

Nice try, RFA. You must have a guilty conscience because many of the things I listed in my post pointed to both sides being hypocritical.

I even think the bill in question was sponsored by a Democrat, so what I wrote must have really hit home.

Why don't you tell us an Uncle Henry Hyde or Bob Livingston adulterous bedtime story?
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 02-10-2005 at 01:09 PM.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

Nice try, RFA.
    Well I thought we were talking about a clothes issue in WV?!?! Then all of a sudden it seems as though the gov't (mainly one of the two main parties) is to blame. I think it all makes sense to me...

I think kids in WV showing their undies might be a major factor in Pres. Bush getting elected again! It has to be... when the losers of the last election look in the mirror, they seem to not find the answer to their problem. I think Conyers, Boxer and that lady from Cleveland should spend our tax money by looking into this irregularity in WV with the kiddies undies.

Despite all the "problems" that you mention.... people seem to vote for those loonies. Imagine that? Wonder why? Must be those kids undies in WV!

I hope I am not being too political or to critical. I feel eggshells below my toes!

Why don't you tell us an Uncle Henry Hyde or Bob Livingston adulterous bedtime story?
    I'll can tell ya about a President who was impeached for it. Not for the act itself, but b/c he lied under oath about it. Hyde or Livingston... were they too disbarred for their transgression? I don't remember.

I must laugh though. You can find disgust in the party that you do not support... even in a thread about VA kiddie undies. And which party introduced this legislation in VA? I don't remember.
    Last edited by RedFanAlways1966; 02-10-2005 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    I'll can tell ya about a President who was impeached for it. Not for the act itself, but b/c he lied under oath about it. Hyde or Livingston... were they too disbarred for their transgression? I don't remember.

I must laugh though. You can find disgust in the party that you do not support... even in a thread about VA kiddie undies. And which party introduced this legislation in VA? I don't remember.
    Dude - Dom never mentioned either party. You were the one who attacked Dems with your Ted Kennedy diatribe.

Try to pass the buck all you want but as someone who read both posts its clear that you were the one to bring partianship into this. Not Dom. Not Traderumor. Not me. Not WVRed. You.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Dom Heffner and RedFanAlways1966, I don't see where either of your post has to do with the issue at hand. This isn't a federal regulation, it's a one commonwealth's law.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Dude - Dom never mentioned either party. You were the one who attacked Dems with your Ted Kennedy diatribe.

Try to pass the buck all you want but as someone who read both posts its clear that you were the one to bring partianship into this. Not Dom. Not Traderumor. Not me. Not WVRed. You.
    Whatever, Puffy. Nice of you to defend, but not understand, Dom.

QUOTE]send your kids to die based on bad evidence, spread "menstrual blood" on Muslim detainees in Gitmo to get information
    You read into that however you please. I know what it means. I am sure YOU do too... but that is not for me to decide. People don't have to say the word to get their point across sometimes. And Dom did a fine job of it... it fooled you evidently. Then I come back, mainly in jest b/c I know how Dom is, w/ a reference to no one in particuliar (at least that is how YOU would read it, right?)... but then Dom was ready to come back. Now if Dom's next message did not get your attention, then my post after the first one (post 1 - where I made no political references) should not have gotten yours.

The shoe fits, Dude...

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    Dom Heffner and RedFanAlways1966, I don't see where either of your post has to do with the issue at hand. This isn't a federal regulation, it's a one commonwealth's law.
    My point exactly!!!! Thanks, CougarQuest.

i think the only thing more moronic than legislation outlawing the baggy pants/ boxer shorts look, is actually dressing that way.

i had a friend who used to say "the lower the crotch, the lower the self esteem"
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    i think the only thing more moronic than legislation outlawing the baggy pants/ boxer shorts look, is actually dressing that way.

i had a friend who used to say "the lower the crotch, the lower the self esteem"
    You had a friend?

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Despite all the "problems" that you mention.... people seem to vote for those loonies. Imagine that? Wonder why? Must be those kids undies in WV!
    WV?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?