Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It's now illegal to dress the way you want in Virginia

Re: It's now illegal to dress the way you want in Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    You had a friend?
    It's fun to have a brother in the same thread, eh?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Sorry, fellow REDS fans. I am backing out of this topic. I now have eggshells between my toes and up to my knees! Last thing I want is to create trouble.

Have a great day!

I think anyone that dresses in a fashion that anyone else interprets with sexual overtones should be arrested.

I think we should all wear plastic trash bags. With flower pots for hats. And recycled milk jugs for shoes.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Try to pass the buck all you want but as someone who read both posts its clear that you were the one to bring partianship into this. Not Dom. Not Traderumor. Not me. Not WVRed. You.

send your kids to die based on bad evidence
    Sorry Puffy, but I believe Dom brought partisanship into this before RFA did. :
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

In the summer, can we wear paper trash bags, cuz the plastic ones make me sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    You had a friend?

until they met you.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    I love our government. They'll hit on your wife, cheat on theirs, bilk everyone out of tax dollars, send your kids to die based on bad evidence, spread "menstrual blood" on Muslim detainees in Gitmo to get information, yet you kids better not let your underwear show.
    Well RFA - lets look.

Hit on your wife - either party, and more a shot at Dems cause they seem to be the ones who keep getting caught (Clinton, Gary Hart, that dude with the intern who disappeared).

Cheat on thiers - again, both parties, but Clinton is the most obvious, and I think everyone would agree on that.

bilk out of tax dollars - well, since Dems are the tax party, its pretty clear this is more on Dems then Republicans, although the current govt is racking up a debt. But this is way more on Dems. Way, way more.

Then the last two are clearly on this Republican Administration.

But the first three are more aimed at Dems, yet you choose to ignore that. I'm not taking sides here, but if you think Dom was only talking about Republicans even with what I've shown AND the fact that a Democrat sponsored this bill, then I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut and scratch my head.

Sorry.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Democrats voted for the war, Democrats serve in the military, and Democrats cheat on their wives as well.

Immorality is a trait of human beings, not a political party. We could sit here all day and trade shots of "who has sinned the most," and in the end our list would be dead even.

My point was that government officials at all levels pass these silly types of laws, yet they do the worst things with our trust. They worry about non-factors. This dress code law addresses a non issue. There are simply more important things to worry about.

In other words, which is worse: a bunch of teenagers who let their underwear hang out or the way we have waged some of the most non-sensical wars like Vietnam and Iraq II? Or the way most spending bills at each and every level of government, passed by both parties, waste bunches and bunches of our money?

That was my point, but it is quite telling that someone took offense to the traits I listed, because it must have hit close to home.

And it has everything to do with the issue at hand, CQ, because this is how government works in general, whether it be at the state or federal level:

Somebody doesn't like the way another person dresses or who someone wants to marry, and out comes legislation to prevent someone from doing it.

Please tell me it does not violate board policy to draw an analogy.

Lets Stick To The Topic.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    Lets Stick To The Topic.
    Yes, the summertime wearing of paper bags in lieu of plastic bags is allowable in Roy's World.

Also, the wintertime stuffing of styrofoam peanuts into the trash bag, flower pot, and milk jugs for insulation and warmth sake is also allowed.

However, it has to be evenly distributed and cannot accentuate any particlular part of the body.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I think we should all wear plastic trash bags. With flower pots for hats. And recycled milk jugs for shoes.
    I'm going to wear one of those transparent plastic trash bags, a phallic-shaped flower pot, and milk cartons with dirty limericks written on them. Teens will love it! I'll make millions!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Some of those smaller trash bags don't leave much to the imagination.
    Makes all the routine posts.

My boxers are showing right now.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    He would get fined in the city I live in... it is illegal to go shirtless in Oakwood, OH. This law was passed by the City Council awhile back. There are a lot of "well off" peeps in Oakwood and a lot of peeps have lawn service companies do their yardwork. Evidently the "well offs" didn't like seeing the lawn service guys working in their town shirtless... hence, the law that still exists today.
    Ahh, good old Oakwood. In the past 6 months, I have been pulled over 4 times in Oakwood because the police thought I was out past curfew. I'm 22. Very annoying.

I also got flagged by the Oakwood P.D. a few weeks ago for stopping in front of starbucks to let my girlfriend out of the car so she wouldn't have to walk in the rain. I guess I was impeding the rich folks path to the Oakwood club. :allovrjr:
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    My boxers are showing right now.
    Like I said..good idea!
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?