Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some good tunes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They call me "chef"

Some good tunes

Hey this is my first post in the non-baseball forum. Just wanted to know what kind of tunes you people are accustomed to.

I'm into a lot of indie rock, pop, hardcore, some electronic, some new wave. I'm not a big fan of whats put on tv or the radio however. I hate rap especially.

I actually run a music website where you can download some cool songs every day. It's up at www.thisawkwardsaw.com . I put a lot of work into finding new unknown talent to put on there.

Anyway, I'm on here a lot and I'm down to talk music if any of you are.

Re: Some good tunes

You should find a lot of discussion here.

I like fairly standard stuff, guys like Wheels, WoY, and Doc. Scott are always going on about bands I've never heard of, and I check things out that they recommend pretty often. I miss the music content at Doc Scott's site actually.

My favorite group is U2, and I've been pretty much listening to their new album non-stop since it came out. There's also a song getting played on CD101 alot right now by Tegan and Sara called "Walking with a Ghost" and that's constantly been going through my mind.

Nice website!
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

They call me "chef"

It's funny that you mention the song "Walking with a Ghost" because I actually posted that song up on my page about a month ago. You should check out their album, it's pretty fun.

I dig U2, although I'm not a fan of any one album. I own Joshua Tree but only listen to a handful of tracks off it. With or Without You is solid gold.
    Last edited by Larry Schuler; 02-11-2005 at 08:24 AM.

For a Level Playing Field

Nice site, Baumer. There seems to be a variety of musical tastes on the board.

I am a headbanger type. I like it loud and heavy. I also have a soft-spot for some lighter stuff b/c I was trained on piano at an early age. You'll only find heavy CDs in my car and in my stereo at home, but you might find me playing Burt Bacarach at home on my keys or piano. I am a strange one (hold the comments, please!).

Welcome... We have some good conversations on music from time to time... I'm the 60's-80's resource here. I've become a classical and opera buff in my old fartdom. But still kick out the jams every so often.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

This is the first time I have ever heard anyone besides me talk about Tegan and Sara. I adore them!

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    This is the first time I have ever heard anyone besides me talk about Tegan and Sara. I adore them!
    I just bought their newest CD. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Dave Matthew Band is pretty much all I really listen to. Seems most people over really hate DMB or really like DMB not a lot in the middle. The radio is pretty bad to listen to, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer
    I hate rap especially.
    Nothing new here. :MandJ:
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Classic jazz
    Motown
    Eighties bands
    House/breakbeat/chillout
    Makes all the routine posts.

Big weekend next week, Steve Earle on Friday, SABR meeting all day Saturday and then Paul Westerberg that evening............ gonna be a blast.

That said I'm listening to the Libertines right now.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Welcome Baumer! You'll find a little bit of everything at RedsZone, musically. That's my favorite thing about this place is that people whose tastes and opinions vary musically, politically, theologically, and philosophically, have managed to get along and find common ground in baseball. It allows me to be exposed to many things I wouldn't otherwise come in contact with if I stayed in a little shell of a world where everyone agreed with me in all aspects of life. That said, you can find me listening to almost anything from Vivaldi, to Ted Nugent, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Sade, or Thelonious Monk; I like just about anything. Right now I'm listening to the simple, happy sound of Bottlefly. I'll check out your site later when I've got a little more time and get back to you.
    Rock on!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

bomarl1969

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer
    I hate rap especially.
    You and I will get along just fine! What kind of hard rock do you like?

Baumer are you using phpwebsite for your site or something else?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I'm gonna go see Toby Keith and Ted Nugent next month- not a big fan of either, but some pairing, huh?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?