Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins

Re: Batman Begins

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    And I'd like to see GL, Martian Manhunter, Flash or Green Arrow. (love GA)

Well, FLASH is in the works, so that rocks. I'd be all over a Green Arrow movie. Down with the corporate FatCats(tm)!!! I'd pay good money to see a live action film with a boxing glove arrow!

Ollie Queen is one of the coolest characters in comic history.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm sorry, but this is the Victor Von Doom that I was raised on and remember. Any deviation will suck IMO.

Identity: Public
    Legal status: King of Latveria, with full diplomatic immunity in the United States
    Place of birth: Gypsy camp outside of Haasenstadt, Latveria
    Group affiliation: None
    First appearance: FANTASTIC FOUR Vol. 1, #5.

History: Victor Von Doom was raised by gypsies in a small European county called Latveria. He lost both of his parents at a very young age. Swearing revenge, Victor began to increase both his scientific and mystical knowledge with such determination that he was given a full scholarship to Empire State University. It was at ESU that Victor met Reed Richards and Ben Grimm, and where he started his extradimensional research. Doom's vanity prevented him from adjusting the schematics to one of his experiments, and the end result was an explosion that scarred Victor for life. Expelled from school, Victor began to travel the world, eventually stumbling upon a village of Tibetan monks who trained him and crafted him a suit of body armor, complete with face plate. He soon returned to Latveria, overthrew the government and crowned himself King. Ruling with an iron fist, Doom began to turn the resources of his small nation to his plans of world domination.

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.
    Weight: 225 lbs.
    Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Brown

Known Superhuman Powers: While in his armor, Dr. Doom can lift (press) approximately 2 tons. He is one of the smartest men in the world and has an almost endless variety of weapons and equipment at his disposal. At the very least, Doom's armor contains a force field and concussion beams -- though more weapons may also be included. Dr. Doom also has the ability to switch minds with another person and he possesses a small amount of mystical knowledge as well.
    Last edited by GAC; 02-14-2005 at 09:16 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

The FF movie was rushed. It was cast before a script was even written. that's a bad combination.
    Previews look pretty good on it. IMO, it will be along the lines of Spiderman. Kinda cheesey, but definitely not a letdown.

As for other recent Marvel movies. personally, i liked the Hulk. Again way too much dramatic license with the origin, but certainly plausible in the Marvel universe.
    Havent seen the Hulk or the X-movies, im going to have to rent them. No More Late Fees. :RedinDC:

I loved the Punisher, though i would have preferred it strictly adhered to his origin. way too many great scenes in Marvel history flashing back to the kite...
    Punisher was great, probably one of the best Marvel Comic movies of all time. Between it and Daredevil, the best thing to come out of those movies was Evanescence.

Not a fan of Blade. Was there ever a more minor character in comic history that went on to have success like this.
    I've only seen the first Blade movie, thought it was okay. Kinda violent, but Wesley Snipes was great.

It's about time DC jumped back in to movies. Catwoman from all accounts sucked. Constantine looks promising. Batman Begins looks awesome. They need a new Superman movie, And I'd like to see GL, Martian Manhunter, Flash or Green Arrow. (love GA)
    Is GL Green Lantern? I thought I saw that they were working on a GL movie. I'd like to see Wonder Woman, problem is, who to cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    Well, FLASH is in the works, so that rocks. I'd be all over a Green Arrow movie. Down with the corporate FatCats(tm)!!! I'd pay good money to see a live action film with a boxing glove arrow!

Ollie Queen is one of the coolest characters in comic history.
    Agree on Ollie. Didn't know flash was in the works. I hope it is bewtter than the series was.

Havent seen the Hulk or the X-movies, im going to have to rent them. No More Late Fees.
    Rent both x-movies at the same time. far far better than Daredevil. in fact it's not even close. Hulk was good just to see a 15 foot green guy beat the crap out of a french poodle.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Rent both x-movies at the same time.
    That's the way to go. The first one is decent -- light on the action, but heavy on setup. The second is excellent through and through.

My only complaint about the films is how they portray Cyclops as a complete dweeb. An N'Sync CD in his car stereo? Come on. He's the frickin' leader of the team. James Marsden must be furious with his agent for not getting him more screen time.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

The Fantastic Four movie doesn't look so bad. Now, don't get me wrong because Jessica Alba is just pure hotness, but as Sue Storm? Nah. Mis-cast. I think they got Johnny, Ben, and Doom spot on however. Haven't made up my mind on the guy who plays Reed Richards though.

BTW, I actually like the look of the Thing. Most folks don't remember that he wasn't all rocky like he is currently. And frankly, I think that his current look simply wouldn't translate to film. Here's a good comp of where he started and where he ended up:

Batman Begins looks freakin' fantastic. Worst thing that franchise ever did was allow Joel Schumacher to get his hands on it and it's a shame we had to wait this many years to get a decent director at the helm.

BTW, I think we're seeing a near-flashpoint in the number of comic movies that can be adequately produced as quality films. Elektra was just awful and not at all in the spirit of the character. Blade-Trinity was decent, but Ryan Reynolds stole every scene he was in. When I got done watching it, I couldn't even really remember Snipes being in the movie. And the Punisher, while good, was a partial ripoff of Warren Ellis' first 12-issue arc in the Marvel Knights Punisher line. I'm crossing my fingers for Superman.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

damn steel, i had that issue.

Personally, i loved the punisher... one of the best Marvel has produced outside Spiderman 2

Haven't seen Elektra yet.. prolly wait for video. I'd be willing to bet Affleck makes DD 2, though without Bullseye, it'll suck. Who would the villain be? the owl? blech.

What the world needs is a good Captain America flick, and maybe an Iron Man. But I'm with Raisor... Ollie Queen on the big screen. minus the Arrowcave. Nightwing might also be a good flick with a Batman cameo.

Johnny, i completely agree. the X movies made Cyke a complete wuss. Of course the current storylines are pretty much doing the same thing.

I cannot believe i am 36 years old.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Agree on Ollie. Didn't know flash was in the works. I hope it is bewtter than the series was.
    Dude, you're memory must be playing tricks on you, becuase the FLASH tv series was GOLD, and one of the best comics to screen translations EVER. Everything from the special effects and the casting were freaking perfect.

It's supposed to be coming out on DVD this year, take another look, trust me.

As for Green Lantern, their was a rumor of a comedy being produced staring Jack Black of all people. Fortunatly, it looks like it's DOA.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

What the world needs is a good Captain America flick

Now, this would be great, especially with today's Special Effects. They need to make it LOOK like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. It would be fantastic. Would need to be at least two movies, the first with Cap and Bucky fighting in WW2, ending with Bucky dying and Cap being frozen until today, which would lead into movie 2.

By the way, for any of you comic readers, the new Captain America series by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    Dude, you're memory must be playing tricks on you, becuase the FLASH tv series was GOLD, and one of the best comics to screen translations EVER. Everything from the special effects and the casting were freaking perfect.

It's supposed to be coming out on DVD this year, take another look, trust me.

As for Green Lantern, their was a rumor of a comedy being produced staring Jack Black of all people. Fortunatly, it looks like it's DOA.
    good costume baaaaaad acting. He ended up in the first season of NYPD blue iirc.

Now if only they would release Space Above and Beyond on DVD. but that's another thread.
    Suck it up cupcake.

BTW, what do you think of the Ultimate Universe by Marvel?

For some reason, i can't decide, but I love Ultimate Falcon. I wish mainstream Falc was as cool.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Now if only they would release Space Above and Beyond on DVD.
    Oh yeah!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Flapjacks!
    Suck it up cupcake.

BTW, what do you think of the Ultimate Universe by Marvel?

For some reason, i can't decide, but I love Ultimate Falcon. I wish mainstream Falc was as cool.
    The ULTIMATE by Millar and Hitch rules it. Millar's Ultimate Captain America is perfect.

Ultimate Spidey is falling down a bit, but the first 50 issues were great.

They need to do Watchmen.

I am sure that wouldn't sell all that well, but quite a good story.

Do you guys still follow any comics, or just the old school stuff?

Turn Off Ads?