Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins

Re: Batman Begins

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    RIGHT ON CUE!!

Send me a list and/or scans/pics and I'll give you quotes on them!
    I'll start doing it. I don't have as many Marvels as I thought. But I have about every other type/genre that one can think of.... mainly DC comics (Worlds Finest, Detective, Action). I got a bunch of the old "annuals" (when they were 25 cents ).
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    I hope you mean Astonishing X-Men written by Joss "Buffy" Whedon.

Absolutely. They got Petey back.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    (and relegate Wolverine to the back burner, where he belongs).
    I wish they would do that in the comics, too. He's in almost every X-book. Isn't he in the New Avengers now, too? Pretty soon he'll be in every Marvel comic.

Don't get me wrong, I like Wolverine, but when is he going to hit the point of saturation?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

*sniff*

kindred spirits. i thought i was all that was left.

BTW. Love JSA & JLA. Hate the Firestorm transformation. Who killed Sue Dibny?
    I heard Spidey was going to be a member... now i have to actually find the issues.

Also I'd like issues 2,3 & 4 of JLA/Avengers. Can't seem to find it locally.

Am I the only one that thinks the Legion was the greates group ever. LSH in the 80's was my favorite.

2nd greatest... The Defenders.
    Suck it up cupcake.

You and I must have been the only ones buying that book in the '80s. I really dug Gargoyle.

Giant sized annuals... Defenders vs Squandron Sinister. Nitehawk, Hyperion, Dr. Prism.
    Valkyre, Hulk, Namor and Dr. Strange.

Loved the Defenders... Always thought they could've kicked the crap out of every other team Marvel had at the time.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    *sniff*

kindred spirits. i thought i was all that was left.

BTW. Love JSA & JLA. Hate the Firestorm transformation. Who killed Sue Dibny?
    I heard Spidey was going to be a member... now i have to actually find the issues.

Also I'd like issues 2,3 & 4 of JLA/Avengers. Can't seem to find it locally.

Am I the only one that thinks the Legion was the greates group ever. LSH in the 80's was my favorite.

Legion of Super Heroes was a very underrated book IMO. The Mike Grell issues were just beautiful and the Keith Giffen Darkseid epic in the 80's is still one of my favorite DC reads from that era.

I was buying The Defenders back in the 80's as well. Really good book and Nighthawk was one of my favorite characters at the time, but I finally got sick of the cruddy art and dumped it when it was at peak value.

Was also a big fan of Squadron Supreme back then. Mark Gruenwald's 12-issue mini-series was a real achievement for a time driven by short-attention-span 4-issue mini-series. If you can find the first print (I believe it was the first print) of that trade paperback you'll have a piece of Gruenwald...litterally. His ashes were mixed in with the ink used to print it. No lie. Really happened.

And I bought, digested, and revelled in anything done by Frank Miller. Daredevil, Dark Knight, etc. If his hand touched it, I bought it. He was that good.

Walt Simonson's Thor was just brilliant. So was Bill Sienkiewicz' Moon Knight and his run on New Mutants is, IMHO, unbelievably undervalued.

And if there was ever a better run in comics than Chris Claremont and John Byrne's Uncanny X-Men from #108 to #142, I've yet to see it.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Ah that was an excellent time in X history. Nearly 40 issues leading up to Dark Phoenix.

I loved Marvel's homage to LSH with the Imperial Guard.

I read Millers Dark Knight around 5 time a year.

Have you read Origin yet? the origin of Wolverine is fantastic. the art is great, as is the story. Just a great job on the untellable story.
    Last edited by TRF; 02-15-2005 at 11:08 AM.
    Suck it up cupcake.

would the spidey/kraven miniseries make a good movie, or would there not be enough "action"?

Ah that was an excellent time in X history. Nearly 40 issues leading up to Dark Phoenix.

I loved Marvel's homage to LSH with the Imperial Guard.

I read Millers Dark Knight around 5 time a year.

Have you read Origin yet? the origin of Wolverine is fantastic. the art is great, as is the story. Just a great job on the untellable story.
    Yep. The Imperial Guard was brilliant. BTW, little known fact...

X23 (the young female clone of Wolvie) who recently showed up in Uncanny X-Men wears a costume identical to the one Wolverine stole from Fang in Uncanny #107.

And yeah. I've read Origin. I missed the boat on #1 when it was released, but ended up getting a complete NM/MT set for $12.00 last year. Go figure.

And I read Dark Knight often too- my beaten up trade paperback that is. My NM/MT first prints are carefully positioned among my collection.

Have you read Kingdom Come yet? If you haven't, that's an immediate purchase you NEED to make. "Marvels" too. Alex Ross is pure genius.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    would the spidey/kraven miniseries make a good movie, or would there not be enough "action"?
    I think Kraven would make a fine villian for Spidey on the screen, particularly if it's the Ultimate version of Kraven. Problem is that there are bigger name villians waiting in line right now (Venom, Hobgoblin). Ultimate Electro would be a great villian as well. Unfortunately, too little time and too much history.

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Have you read Kingdom Come yet? If you haven't, that's an immediate purchase you NEED to make. "Marvels" too. Alex Ross is pure genius.
    I don't think I'd wax as emphatically as that about KC, but it is a pretty sweet book. And I don't even like DC.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Loved Kingdome Come, and the follow up The Kingdom. I think the artwork makes it more than the story itself on both projects.

Dark times ahead for the man of steel.

In fact Both Marvel and DC seem to be transitioning to future versions of their flagship icons. Spidey keeps getting glimpses into a dark future for himself as well.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    I don't think I'd wax as emphatically as that about KC, but it is a pretty sweet book. And I don't even like DC.
    Heretic!

--Ted Williams

Loved Kingdome Come, and the follow up The Kingdom. I think the artwork makes it more than the story itself on both projects.

Dark times ahead for the man of steel.

In fact Both Marvel and DC seem to be transitioning to future versions of their flagship icons. Spidey keeps getting glimpses into a dark future for himself as well.
    DC's going to be launching it's own "Ultimate" line with Batman and Superman titles as the flagship. Dunno how well it'll go, but I anticipate heavy speculation in the secondary market akin to the GL Rebirth buzz right now.

I have 12 copies of GL Rebirth #1 that I'm gonna have to move pretty quick methinks.

--Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?