Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins

Re: Batman Begins

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    DC's going to be launching it's own "Ultimate" line with Batman and Superman titles as the flagship. Dunno how well it'll go, but I anticipate heavy speculation in the secondary market akin to the GL Rebirth buzz right now.

I have 12 copies of GL Rebirth #1 that I'm gonna have to move pretty quick methinks.
    I'd like to reserve a copy.

I'm a sucker for GL in all it's incarnations, though i don't like the cop out "Parallax is an evil yellow being".
    Suck it up cupcake.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Allstar Superman-Grant Morrison and Frank Quietly
    Allstar Batman-Frank Miller and Jim Lee

*drool*
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

When is DC's venture due to come out?
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    When is DC's venture due to come out?

This summer
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Was also a big fan of Squadron Supreme back then. Mark Gruenwald's 12-issue mini-series was a real achievement for a time driven by short-attention-span 4-issue mini-series.
    I loved the concept behind that mini-series. I wish it would have been done with the JLA instead of Marvel's version. Imagine Bruce Wayne running for president, getting elected, then taking over the world under the US flag.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I'd like to reserve a copy.

I'm a sucker for GL in all it's incarnations, though i don't like the cop out "Parallax is an evil yellow being".
    Yeah. GL (Hal Jordan and Alan Scott) has always been one of my favorites and it's a book that's been blessed with some really great stuff (Neal Adams, Mike Grell in particular).

And if you'd like a copy of the first print of Rebirth #1, drop me a line via PM. I don't want Boss or the gang to think I'm hawkin' wears on the board. But frankly, anytime a bunch of folks start talkin' about collectibles you'll find a couple people looking to trade or buy stuff regardless and I've seen a lot of Reds related stuff offered on the main board anyway.

And I'll even guarantee condition for ya' and ship boxed. So THERE!
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Marvel could have handled the imperial guard better than they have in recent years..

too goofy.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I loved the concept behind that mini-series. I wish it would have been done with the JLA instead of Marvel's version. Imagine Bruce Wayne running for president, getting elected, then taking over the world under the US flag.
    Eh, just imagine that the Squadron Supreme IS the JLA (because they basically are).

The new Supreme Power series by Strazynski (sp?) is excellent BTW. It's a new origin and take on that team from the ground up.

I can't believe that original mini series didn't have some impact as to the development of The Authority. And btw, one of the best homage's DC's ever done was the Elite in Action Comics 775. Talk about hot in the speculation market. Folks were selling those for 30 bucks a piece just a few months back. Then the brains at DC decided to do the JLA Elite mini-series and killed the title. I've picked up every issue of that, but I'm snoozing my way through it.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Eh, just imagine that the Squadron Supreme IS the JLA (because they basically are).
    Sure, but it would have been nice to have that story get some exposure by using recognizable characters.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

So what your best storylines of 2004?

mine include:

Spidey's transformation, and that great 2 issue story with Loki.
    JLA/CSA
    JLA Fernus
    FF invasion of Castle Doom (just wanted to type Castle Doom.)
    Every issue of the Exiles
    Every issue of X-Men with Juggernaut as a good guy.
    Suck it up cupcake.

So the Astonishing series is pretty good? How much are the back issues going for?

So what your best storylines of 2004?

mine include:

Spidey's transformation, and that great 2 issue story with Loki.
    JLA/CSA
    JLA Fernus
    FF invasion of Castle Doom (just wanted to type Castle Doom.)
    Every issue of the Exiles
    Every issue of X-Men with Juggernaut as a good guy.
    We3
    Astonishing X-Men
    Wanted
    Y the Last Man
    The Walking Dead (best comic on the market right now)

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    So the Astonishing series is pretty good? How much are the back issues going for?
    Depends on whether or not you want the variants. #1 (regular) is around $7.00. #2 is around $10.00. 3 and 4 around five each depending on where you get them.

#1 Directors Cut is around $8.00. #1 Wolverine variant around $12-15.00. #1 Retailer Incentive is kinda volatile (30-50 bucks). And #4 variant (colossus cover) is around $15-20.

If you want to read it, just buy the TPB for now and wait until the current creative team leaves after issue 12. The first four issues should drop in price by then.

--Ted Williams

You guys are all geeks.

Now excuse me while I go watch Buffy and Angel back to back.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Angel? Angel!

sissy.

excuse me while i go watch trading spaces. paige is hot.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Turn Off Ads?