Turn Off Ads?

Thread: U.S. Attorney Looking At Jail Term For Terrorist Support

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

U.S. Attorney Looking At Jail Term For Terrorist Support

Not Ashcroft, Not Pres. Bush... a jury of her peers. Just so everyone is clear. I bolded a statement by the convicted felon below. I think the convicted felon is way off base with this comment. I believe a jury of her peers obviously feel the same. Perhaps time in a prison will help her understand the errors of her way. I doubt it, but we'll see. By the way... the convicted felon also claims that her client is a blind man who poses no threat. Just so everyone is clear... he was blind when he planned and had his followers set off bombs in the World Trade Center parking garage. I believe 5 to 6 people died in those blasts... perhaps we should ask their surviving relatives how dangerous her blind client is?!?! Glad to see justice served. Lawyers have no right to break the law when working for their clients. Our lawyer friends here will tell us that. Hopefully she will learn this while she sits in prison.

American Lawyer Convicted of Supporting Terrorists

A New York jury has found civil rights lawyer Lynn Stewart guilty of smuggling messages from her imprisoned client Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman to his followers.

Prosecutors said Stewart crossed the line between advocacy and helping her client. The jury agreed, convicting Stewart of providing and concealing material support to terrorists, conspiracy and making false statements after 13 days of deliberation.

Sheik Rahman, who is blind, was found guilty in 1995 of conspiring to blow up New York City landmarks and assassinate Egypt's president Hosni Mubarak. He is serving a life sentence. Stewart maintained that he is a blind man who poses no threat. After the verdict a tearful Stewart promised to fight the verdict.

"I hope it will be a wakeup call to all the citizens of this country, all the people that live here, that you cannot lock up the lawyers, you cannot tell the lawyers how to do the job," said Ms Stewart. "You have got to let them operate. And I will fight on. I am not giving up. I know I committed no crime. I know what I did was right."

Civil rights lawyer Lynne Stewart and her co-defendants, Ahmed Abdel Sattar and Mohamed Yousry, testified they obeyed the law in the work they did for Abdel-Rahman.

Prosecutors say Sattar brazenly used his telephone and fax machine to conspire with members of an Egyptian terrorist group to kidnap and kill people overseas. They say Stewart and Yousry conspired to provide material support to terrorists.

But Stewart said she felt an ethical obligation as a lawyer to keep the sheik's name and views relevant worldwide so he might someday be transferred to Egyptian prisons, where he would be watched by prison officers who know his language and traditions.

Stewart, who is known for defending radical causes and clients, faces up to 20 years in prison. She will remain free on bail until sentencing in mid-July.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: U.S. Attorney Looking At Jail Term For Terrorist Support

:MandJ:

She's a moron.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Body Double?!?!?!?!?!??!! :MandJ:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    But Stewart said she felt an ethical obligation as a lawyer to keep the sheik's name and views relevant worldwide so he might someday be transferred to Egyptian prisons, .

Why in the world would someone want to be transfered to an Egyptian prision?
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

ooh! ooh! i know.

Incredible heat, and poor conditions?
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Why in the world would someone want to be transfered to an Egyptian prision?
    Beats a Turkish one. :allovrjr:
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Body Double?!?!?!?!?!??!! :MandJ:
    That is downright scary RFA.

From some legal experts I listened to the other night she is due to do some extended prison time.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?