Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else a LOST castaway?

Re: Anyone else a LOST castaway?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    I wonder why they have waited so long to show Hurley's past story, even though he has had a prominant role in each episode - even inventing the golf course.

And why haven't we seen Jack's dead father again?
    Hurley has been an enigmatic character from the start. I believe he is the only survivor "not" to have been seen on the plane during the flashbacks in the first three or four episodes. That made his desire to have the flight manifest very "convenient," in case he hadn't actually been on the plane. Also, throughout the early episodes, he was always in the middle of whatever action was taking place, usually as a spectator, sometimes as a calming influence. (Perhaps as the consciousness of the island?) And now, of course, thanks to last week, we've finally seen him in a flashback as part of what looks like a newscast.

I think they've waited this long because they wanted to maintain an air of mystery about him, and also because he (along with Locke) is the most potentially interesting character. We know so little about him that literally anything’s possible.

As for Jack's father, that depends on what you mean. We haven't seen his corpse again because, I believe, it never left Australia. The gate agent told Jack he couldn't put it on the plane, so he made one of those "tough decisions" his dad said he was incapable of, and left with the empty coffin in hopes of duping the family into thinking the body was inside. Jack was on some sort of deadline, IIRC.

If you mean the apparition, Jack last saw it when he was delusional. He hasn't been delusional for a while.
    Makes all the routine posts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Should be a good one tonite.

I didn't pick this up during the show:

Yes, boss: Sharp-eared fans will remember that Locke, in his wheelchair-bound, regular life, worked at a box company. When Hurley was talking to his accountant about his many post-lottery investments, one of them was a box company. So is Hurley technically Locke's boss? Now that's a staff meeting we'd like to see. Plus: We can't wait for Locke to meet up with Rousseau. Both share the names of Enlightenment philosophers, and in this show, that kind of thing is never a coincidence.
    Pots and Kettles

I love Lost. My second favorite show on TV after 24. I got into following it late by watching season 1 on DVD and haven't missed an episode of season 2 yet. Great writing, great characters, no clue what is going on or what will happen next. Locke and Sawyer were my two favorite characters after season 1, but the vibe I've been getting from Locke so far this season has been a bit different. Oh, and this bit of news should be interesting for fans of the show:

Possible Spoiler below under the link, but more related to casting and not the plot of the show.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=84963

Lost star Michelle Rodriguez is getting killed off in the series because she is such a nightmare to work with, according to reports in the US.

The sexy 27-year-old actress is a hit as Ana-Lucia Cortez onscreen but insiders say her diva-like behaviour is sending everyone around the bend.

They are also angry after she brought scandal after getting arrested for allegedly drink driving close to the set in Hawaii.

Now insiders say Lost bosses are desperate to kill her off from the top show.

advertisement
    "The producers are fed up with the fact that she barely shows up on the set and is always in a bad mood," Us Weekly quoted an "insider" as saying.

"They said she was getting killed off as soon as they could write it in."

Rodriguez's spokesperson would not discuss the star's fate in the show, but insisted the actress was dedicated to the job.

"Michelle is very proud of her work," the spokesperson said.

Rodriguez is next due in court next month on her drink-driving charge.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

in my infalible tendency to lag behind everything in existence, i've only recently gotten into Lost. picked up last seasons DVD about three weeks ago and decided to jump into this season (along with the help of a fellow admin from another site).
    and naturally - last week seemed to be a rerun.
    fortunately, i've not been lost with Lost yet. a superbly written show with very interesting characters, and the ability to keep the viewer on his or her toes at all times. if you guys have not done so yet, i highly recommend grabbing the DVD and giving it another consecutive look - i am sure there is a lot which is not picked up on a first, week-by-week look.
    that said, i really like Hurley...but trust the guy about as far as i could throw him.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit
    that said, i really like Hurley...but trust the guy about as far as i could throw him.
    He does seem to be the castaway most shrouded in mystery now.

I thought it was interesting that Michael Keaton was originally slated to play the role of Jack, and that he was going to die somewhere during the first episode. When they decided to make the character a regular, Keaton bowed out because he didn't want to do a regular series, he was just interested in a guest starring role.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

IMO Lost is the best show on television by far. I'm totally obsessed, to the point where I've downloaded episodes on iTunes and watched them on my computer.

I can't stand Michelle Rodriguez' character on the show (she's such a know-it-all you-know-what) that I don't care what they do with her. She reminds me of a similar female cop character on Third Watch. It's one thing not to like a character, but wow! She makes me angry!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I am a massive Lost fan as well. Two weeks ago when Hurley and Cythia Watros character were in the hatch, she noticed something that would have been missed in passing. She noticed that the washing machine and dryer were much newer than anything else in the hatch. The washing machine was a front load type of machine. Hurley shrugged it off. I thought that must have been important.

I like Echo alot. However, I wonder how his pseudo Priest role will play, with the baptism of Claire and the baby, and Charlie's faith?

Locke has been disappointing to me this year, I suspect he will play a big role in this weeks episode.

I do not like the recent turn in Kate's character. IMO, it was much better when she and Jack were dancing around some kind of love interest. Her and Sawyer don't seem to be team players, and she is just being irrational.

I like Anna-Louisia because her character does create an emotional reaction. Mostly dislike, but she is at least interesting.

What happened to the French woman, and the guy that Jack knew who was living in the hatch when they opened it? He must know that the hatch device was not activated.

Seemingly everyweek I have more questions than answers when I watch the show.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    What happened to the French woman
    I have a feeling she'll be appearing again real soon. Last week's choice for a rerun wasn't a coincidence.

The guy that was living in the hatch ran after explaining the button. Don't know where he ran to though.

Seemingly everyweek I have more questions than answers when I watch the show.
    That's for sure!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Jerry: "This is like a Twilight Zone episode."

George: "Which one?"

Jerry: "Oh heck, i don't know....they're all the same!"

I always think of this Jerry/George banter when i think of the TZ.

That's what LOST is to me,...... like a continous Twilight Zone episode but never the same and never boring.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I can't stand Michelle Rodriguez' character on the show (she's such a know-it-all you-know-what) that I don't care what they do with her. She reminds me of a similar female cop character on Third Watch. It's one thing not to like a character, but wow! She makes me angry!
    I have a feeling that character is not going to last. They usually kill off at least one character a year. I have a feeling that character may be the next to go.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    I am a massive Lost fan as well. Two weeks ago when Hurley and Cythia Watros character were in the hatch, she noticed something that would have been missed in passing. She noticed that the washing machine and dryer were much newer than anything else in the hatch. The washing machine was a front load type of machine. Hurley shrugged it off. I thought that must have been important.
    Completely missed that! Hmmmmm

Lost may be my favorite show right now, one of the best theories I have read that coincides with the show is something called the "mirror theory", IIRC, it coincides with the numbers and alot of the basis of the show very well. But then agsain I read this a few months ago so it may have been picked apart thus far.

Turn Off Ads?