Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who here is on the poker bandwagon?

Who here is on the poker bandwagon?

My usual poker group of 6-8 regulars merged w/another last night and we ended up with a 20 person Hold'em tournament. I had a absolute blast. We kept it reasonable ($10) and a jovial time was had by all.

Just wondering if there would be any interest among the local Zoners of having a tourney at some point. Might be a nice get-to-know-ya session. I probably wouldn't be the ideal host cause my apartment is on the smaller side, but I'd certainly be willing to help organize things.

I'm still a fairly new poster (after lurking most of last season), so please pardon if this has already been done.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Who here is on the poker bandwagon?

I have 1000 chips, a couple of nice round tables, and 20 chairs in my basement. I play once every two weeks with 6-8 guys, once every two weeks in a tournament with 25-40 guys, and once a month in a tournament with 80-100 guys.

I enjoy the heck out of it. I have played all sorts of cards all my life. Euchre, Hearts, Spades, Sheephead, Rummy, Pinochle, and Poker.

GL

I've been playing cards for years, it seems the whole world just suddenly realized what poker is. In fact I'm getting quite burnt out on the whole deal, alot of my friends have newbies that quite frankly ruin the night.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I won $220 in a Texas Hold 'Em tourney Friday night.

Easy game to learn, tough to master.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I play every Friday night for several hours with the usual gang (6-8 friends). We usually don't leave until 1 am. $5 start outs, with $5 buy-ins later in. I think I'm addicted though now.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Took 2nd place in a 24 man tournament last night. Had a guy draw 2 running cards for a flush to beat my straight or I'd have had first place.

Toot Toot.

GL

There was talk once about having a RedsZone tournament online at one of the poker sites but nothing ever came of it. I'd be interested in that if others are, and I'd consider setting it up too if enough people are interested. Not sure if we have enough people who play though.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I'd be in....

BTW...are we all talking about Texas Hold'em, or other versions. My forte is Hold'em, but I'm familiar with Omaha Hi and Low and 7/5 card stud and draw

I'll play Hold 'Em, but I hate most other versions of poker. Most of those versions seem like they were made up by an 8 year old trying to beat his parents by changing the rules every hand.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

For a tournament it's probably best to play no limit hold em.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I play PaiGow in Vegas. That's about the extent of it. I do own a poker table and my roommates and a few friends play 7 card stud during football season on Sundays.

But I'd be game to take some Redszoners money. Easy pickings right?

If you ever do an online tournament I would be interested in playing.

I actually suggested a RedsZone online Poker Tournament, but didn't get much response. I'll play anywhere any time. I haven't played much recently, but used to play all the time and plan on playing lots this summer.

I'll look into holding a private tournament at a couple of the sites.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I've got a couple of inquiries out there about private tournaments, but I haven't found anything yet.

I do know that PartyPoker.com allows private tables of up to 10. Is anyone interested in playing a little tonight (although it won't be tournament style) on Partypoker? I was thinking of setting up a private table and posting the password here. A $25 buy-in no-limit table is what I had in mind. It's the lowest buy-in that's allowed and you just keep playing until you decide you don't want to play anymore. I wouldn't mind playing for a couple of hours. The blinds are $0.50-$1.00.

FWIW, I like PartyPoker's GUI much better than PokerStars.

Let me know if you're interested. You can put up to 10 players at a table. If we get 6, it will be worth it, otherwise it won't.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

If I didn't just get Gran Turismo 4 today I'd be all over taking your money, MWM. Keep me updated on these type of things if they occur.

Turn Off Ads?