Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anyone know how to do a Slave/Master hookup?

Anyone know how to do a Slave/Master hookup?

I want to install both my CD burner and my CD rom drive, but right now my computer is only reading one of them. Does anyone know how to set up a master/slave scenario?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone know how to do a Slave/Master hookup?

On the back of the hardware, there are sets of parallel contacts with a bridge between two of them. One position is for master, another is for slave. It should look something like this:

XXXX
    XXXX

One row of Xs is the position for master, another is a row for slave. Some have 3 rows, some have more. There is a wire that connects the two Xs in the row, which determines the mode the hardware will be operating in.

They should be marked on the back or at least give you an ingraved letter letting you know which position is which. Put one of the CD-roms in the master position, the other in the slave position.

From there, it's just a matter of playing around with the bus lines to get it to work.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Nevermind. I thought you ment something else.

Rem

Anyone know how to do a Slave/Master hookup?
    I think they have websites explaining that sort of thing. Just type "slave master hookup" into google (probably want to do that at work) and just click on links until you find the information which you're seeking.

:mhcky21:

Heck, I might even be able to refer you to a few myself.

:

Oh, wait, you were talking about computers weren't you?
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

its all about the pins on the back of your drives. If all else fails try setting them both to "cs", or Cable Select which allows them to determine which is bus boss based on where they are plugged into the cable.

Just as an FYI, some burners need to be master.

Turn Off Ads?