Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: EA Sports releases MVP 2005 early

Re: EA Sports releases MVP 2005 early

Just bought the game. Anyone know of any other Reds players in the game not on the team besides Aurillia? Any of our other AAA players on any other teams?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

To start off the season, I signed a lot of those nice minor leaguers to bolster the Reds' system. I also traded Dunn for Oliver Perez straight up (which is about the best deal you can get.) On opening day, Perez gave up two early runs but the Reds came back with a Larue homer in the 5th. Gooseggs were placed on the board until the bottom of the 8th when after a Wily Mo Pena walk, Austin Kearns hit a homer right off the score board in left (I timed it perfect and aimed up.) Graves took home the save in the ninth and the Reds ended up sweeping the Mets.

I am still horrible at this game. I hit about a million ground balls every game even when I aim up I hit it weak the other way. I cant run the bases. I'm not too bad pitching. This games learning curve is nuts. (talking about MVP)

I'm loving it so far.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Yea kbrake, I am under the impression that it is just as easy to hit a homer as it is to hit a single. I usually score 4ish runs with only 6 hits. It's just too hard.

the baserunning is the worst for me. I always end up sending the wrong guys or too many and I always forget to slide or I hit the button too late and they dont slide.

thrilljam

Anyone else less than enthralled by the instruction manual that comes with MVP? I had last year's version but gave it to a friend, and now I can't remember how to lead off without stealing. Help?

Just bought MLB 2k5 yesterday and played it. This game totally is awesome. Looks like watching a Sunday Night ESPN game with Jon Miller and Joe Morgan. The graphics are fantastic.

This could be the Madden Football of baseball. ESPN really improved this game from last year.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

hey Krusty that xbox? If you got PS2 I would like to know where and I am going to go let Gamestop have it.

I have both a Playstation 2 and X-box. The MLB 2k5 was for the X-box.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    I have both a Playstation 2 and X-box. The MLB 2k5 was for the X-box.
    I agree with your assessment. I just plain ENJOY playing thie 2k5 version vs. the EA game. It appears to simply just be more fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilljam
    Anyone else less than enthralled by the instruction manual that comes with MVP? I had last year's version but gave it to a friend, and now I can't remember how to lead off without stealing. Help?
    On XBox? You use the right thumbstick, up to lead off from first to second and third to home, left to lead off from second to third.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks
    I'm convinced Jay Bruce could homer every single time up the rest of the spring and cure cancer in his spare time and still not make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    Just bought the game. Anyone know of any other Reds players in the game not on the team besides Aurillia? Any of our other AAA players on any other teams?
    I'm pretty sure Aurilia is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks
    I'm convinced Jay Bruce could homer every single time up the rest of the spring and cure cancer in his spare time and still not make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by FreelFanatic
    I'm pretty sure Aurilia is it.
    Yeah, Aurilia is on the team, but only if you update the rosters off the internet (XBOX live) to begin with. Other than that, I thik everyone is set. They have Olmedo as a reserve, and have Hudson in AAA. I put Hancock back to AAA, moved Hudson up to the big club, and replaced Claussen with Hancock in the rotation.

But I believe everyone else on the Reds club is accounted for. I've only got to look at it for about an hour so far though.

I just got 2K5 for Xbox today...

SPent alot of time customizing the intro songs (which is a great idea) from stuff I had downloaded. Really cool feature when you can have Ryan Freel coming to bat with a New Bomb Turks song to pump me up.

I'm not sure I dig the pitching interface this year, and there don't seem to be many walks if at all. Too many homers as well.

I guess I'm gonna have to tweak the sliders to make it more realistic.

Anything anyone can do to help with the pitching would be greatly appreciated.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?