Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: EA Sports releases MVP 2005 early

Re: EA Sports releases MVP 2005 early

Can someone link me the site where you could download rosters, stadiums, pics, and player updates for MVP 2004? I can't find the site on my bookmark.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I modified a crummy OF on Potomac and created the Myth,the Man,the Legend....Jim Coombs. I have a feeling he's gonna climb the ladder perty fast.

I went in and modified players to match the Reds top 10 prospects,so Todd is now in the game,Coffeybro. And doing quite well I might add.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

I checked out Owner Mode earlier, looks too time consuming for right now, but looks like fun later.

Basically, you start off with a small scale ballpark, nothing fancy. Upper and Lower deck seating behind home plate, looks more like a minor league park. You manage TV deals, concession prices, store prices, etc and try to build up more revenue to either go into your team, or into your ballpark, whichever you desire. You also hire coaches, scouts, and trainers(Dave Miley is on there, the rest are fictional).

Looks like fun, im going to try it tonight with the Oakland As.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Yeah, I'm doing the owners mode for now. I had a fantasty draft and all with the Reds. I'll post my roster later on. I think my oldest player is 28.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

Anyone have a quick printout of the likely rosters for all the minor league teams. I would like to update my teams as realsome as possible before I start my season. Thanks.

So heres my drafted team (I'm doing this in owners mode, I'll start up a normal Reds dynasty once I get the new rosters online, which I hear is soon). Draft order was on random, and I got 12th.

Rotation
    - Ben Sheets
    - Rich Harden
    - Mark Prior
    - Brett Myers
    - Ole Uttuslien (BA TOP 100 Spect' .. Real Life: Phillies prospect Cole Hamels)

Bullpen
    - Luke Hudson
    - JC Romero
    - Rick Bauer
    - Jose Capellan
    - Chris Reitsma
    - Octavio Dotel

Position Players
    OF
    - Scott Podsednik
    - Wily Mo Pena
    - Pat Burrell
    - Jeremy Reed
    - Jayson Werth

IF
    - Khalil Green, SS
    - Erubiel Durazo, 1B
    - Joe Mauer, C
    - Kevin Youkilis. 3B
    - Chris Burke, 2B
    - Nick Green, 2B/3B
    - Alex Gonzalez (the marlin), SS
    - Humberto Quintero, C
    - Ryan Freel,

Oldest players: Durazo, 30 .. Dotel, 31. Everyone else is 29 and under.

Whadda think? It was really surprising how many young studs I racked up.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

Casey is one of the players who do the "It's In The Game" segments before the game menu.... pretty cool.

I finally was able to pick up the game at EB Games in Florence Mall last night. So far I love it (just as I loved MVP 2004 & 2003). I just now saw the Sean Casey "It's In The Game" thing. That was neat!

MLB 2k5 plz kthx

I stopped by Target tonight with a friend but they were completely sold out of it. I was a little surprised, but hey, hopefully they will get it in by Saturday. (Probably better they didn't have it as it will actually let me have some time to do homework but oh well.)

I picked mine up at EB in Kenwood.

After 5 games on the "All Star" setting in franchise mode, I'm 4-1

Graves blew the save in game 5... and Harang threw a shutout in his first game. Casey, Griffey, and Dunn are tied at 3 Hrs each.

EdE, Coffey, and Homer are progressing nicley so far in the minors... (you have to re-name them, look for the same height/weight, bday...)

Ok question for you guys....when you start owner mode....can you begin playing in great american ball park, cause from what I see it makes you create a friggin stupid stadium every time!

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    Ok question for you guys....when you start owner mode....can you begin playing in great american ball park, cause from what I see it makes you create a friggin stupid stadium every time!
    No. You start with a new stadium from scratch every time.

In a way I like it, but I wish it would give you the option to create a stadium like Madden does. That way if you had a newly existing stadium, it wouldnt be replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Not Laughing

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer
    I modified a crummy OF on Potomac and created the Myth,the Man,the Legend....Jim Coombs. I have a feeling he's gonna climb the ladder perty fast.

I went in and modified players to match the Reds top 10 prospects,so Todd is now in the game,Coffeybro. And doing quite well I might add.

Boyds, do you mind giving out the fictional names and what prospect goes with each name?

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    You have to create a new stadium but you can choose GABP before every home game. Problem is, all of your revenue is based on the new park, not GABP.

Turn Off Ads?