Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Urban/Fogerty Crossroads

Urban/Fogerty Crossroads

(I can't believe that Larkin Fan hasn't posted this already.)

For Keith Urban fans (which there may be a few of on here) and/or John Fogerty/CCR fans (which there should be more of), CMT is showing an episode of Crossroads, that IMO is the best pairing yet. (It's already aired at least 3 times, but it should be on several more times this week).

From the opening licks of Bad Moon Rising, this show rocks!! It's pretty cool seeing these two artists relate to each other. Even though they sound nothing alike, their voices blend really well. They do a song acoustically called Rambunctous Boy that I had never heard, but it is awesome. They also do a song called Sugar, Sugar that I'm not familiar with, but it's a really cool song.

BTW, John Fogerty has a bat made in the shape of a Louisville Slugger for the song 'Centerfield' that is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Urban/Fogerty Crossroads

What?? No Fogerty fans. Don't tell me I'm the only one on the board. Either that or you people actually have a life. Oh wait..... let me guess, you were watching American Idol instead. LOL

Okay, this is ridiculous. Are you telling me there are no CCR/John Fogerty boards on this entire board? Am I the only one who doesn't have a life and spends way to much time watching television? I'm telling you guys, you're missing a kick $ss show. One more airing and it's gone.

Did Larkin Fan abandon this place?

I'm a fan of John Fogerty. But I think I have the V chip blocking out CMT.

So you're going to deprive yourself of this wonderful show, just because you're a CMT avoidee? Your loss.

BTW, if you happen to disable your V-chip, the show is on tomorrow at 2:00 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by redhead
    What?? No Fogerty fans. Don't tell me I'm the only one on the board. Either that or you people actually have a life. Oh wait..... let me guess, you were watching American Idol instead. LOL
    I have a couple of Fogerty CDs as well as CCR, so I guess I qualify as a Fogerty fan. I caught part of the "Crossraods" special you referred to, and it was good.
    Fogerty has an interesting vocal style, phrasing certain words in a unique way.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Nah, I didn't abandon this place. I just don't have as much time to spend here as I used to with all of the studying I have to do.

However, I did manage to catch this Crossroads the night it premiered. I had been looking forward to it for awhile. It was an awesome showing by Urban and Fogerty. Keith was quite at home playing Fogerty/CCR's stuff. It was the best Crossroads to date.

I just have to say that I want to add a guitar like Fogerty's baseball bat guitar to my rig. That thing was freakin' awesome.

They had a nice segment on CBS Sunday Morning today about Fogarty. They showed him playing that bat-guitar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

That bat guitar is definetly too cool. Good luck with your studies LF.

Turn Off Ads?