Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Korn member leaves band for religion

Korn member leaves band for religion

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...u/music_korn_3

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - A founding member of Korn is leaving the band to focus on his religious beliefs. "Korn has parted ways with guitarist Brian `Head' Welch, who has chosen Jesus Christ as his savior, and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end," said a statement posted Tuesday on Korn's Web site.

Welch told The Bakersfield Californian that his decision might be surprising to some. "A lot of people think I'm crazy. I don't care."

Welch said he'd become increasingly disenchanted with producing heavy metal music that invokes dark and morbid images.

"Those guys in the band, they're not bad guys. They're just a bunch of kids getting marketed how these guys in the big corporate firms want to do," Welch said. "It makes us look like bad people, but we're really just a bunch of kids who never had a chance to grow up."

Korn is working on its eighth album, set for release later this year. The band's self-titled 1994 debut album sold more than 2 million copies.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Korn member leaves band for religion

My wife used to work with this woman who went to HS with those guys and was in their "group" she said they were very normal guys and that the media built them up like they weren't and it made her laugh, because she knew that they were hardly "cool" with a K.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - A founding member of Korn is leaving the band to focus on his religious beliefs. "Korn has parted ways with guitarist Brian `Head' Welch, who has chosen Jesus Christ as his savior, and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end," said a statement posted Tuesday on Korn's Web site.

I wonder who he chose him over?
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    I wonder who he chose him over?
    Ken Griffey, Jr.?

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Korn is heavy metal?
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    Korn is heavy metal?
    I don't think so...

I can listen to it without my ears starting to bleed.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

korn was on monk a couple of weeks ago. I found that to be a humorous juxtaposition.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Reading the thread title makes me ponder how often people do the opposite.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Reading the thread title makes me ponder how often people do the opposite.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

it's like what Blythe (singer, Lamb of God) said at a show i was at last November...after spotting someone in the crowd wearing a Korn shirt, he said " Korn?! i thought these were heavy metal fans here!"
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Thoughtless is a great song.

Last night's South Park rerun featured Korn as Scooby-Doo style crime fighters.

Ironically, the episode revolved around the local minister trying to frame Korn because he didn't like what they stood for.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?