Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NBA Trade Deadline

NBA Trade Deadline

Lots of moves today after the C-Webb bomb late last night.

The Knicks picked up Malik Rose and Maurice Taylor - great moves. The Knicks already had two undersized power forwards (Kurt Thomas and Mike Sweetney) and now they have four, and no center. Isiah Thomas baffles me.

The Spurs picked up Nazr Mohemmad (sp?) to back up at the center position.

The New Orleans Hornets traded Baron Davis to G.S. for Dale Davis and someone else.

Antoine Walker got traded back to Boston for Gary Payton and a couple other people (Guges was one of them).

Keith Van Horn got send to the Mavs, the Sixers traded the Big Dog Glenn Robinson to New Orleans.

Nothing major - but lots of stuff.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: NBA Trade Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    The Knicks picked up Malik Rose
    First mid-season trade for the Spurs since 1996. That's a long dry spell.

I wonder if Malik will take his restaurant with him to NY.

Seems like he spent most of this season in Popovich's doghouse anyway. Spurs fans will be sad to see him go, though.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 02-24-2005 at 04:13 PM.
    /r/reds

The Knicks picked up Malik Rose and Maurice Taylor - great moves. The Knicks already had two undersized power forwards (Kurt Thomas and Mike Sweetney) and now they have four, and no center. Isiah Thomas baffles me.
    Great...they picked up more mediocre players and a ton of longterm contract money for three guys who's contracts expire after this season.

So not only will they continue to suck, but my cable rates will continue to go up. :dflynn:

Haven't been paying too much attention to the NBA this year, so I'm surprised to see Rose leave SA.

On the other hand, I'm ecstatic that Rodney Rogers got out of Nawlins.

Not only that, but they bring aboard two guys with several years left on the contracts and are still owed a large sum of money. I love Isiah Thomas. Who needs cap space when they can keep adding mediocre, high priced players with bad contracts? Already have $109 million in salary guaranteed for next season.

Heh. Me lifelong Sixers fan. Me LIKEY!!!!!!!
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Antoine Walker back to the Celtics. I guess Ainge realized his mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Antoine Walker back to the Celtics. I guess Ainge realized his mistake.
    Yeah - Antoine Walker actually traded without Tony Delk going with him - shocking! :MandJ:

Time is the Revelator.

Jiri Welsch traded to Cleveland.

I might as well become a Cleveland fan..

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    Great...they picked up more mediocre players and a ton of longterm contract money for three guys who's contracts expire after this season.

So not only will they continue to suck, but my cable rates will continue to go up. :dflynn:
    The Spurs also sent the Knicks two 1st-Round picks. That trade may look better for the Knicks in a year or two, depending on how those picks turn out.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    Jiri Welsch traded to Cleveland.

I might as well become a Cleveland fan..
    But we got Antoine back.

In other news, the Atlanta Hawks and Gary Payton are negotiating a buyout and it is possible that Payton could end up back with the Celtics.

PG-Gary Payton/Marcus Banks
    SG-Paul Pierce/Tony Allen/Delonte West
    SF-Ricky Davis
    PF-Antoine Walker/Al Jefferson
    C-Raef Lafrentz/Marc Blount

Not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

As the lone Atlanta Hawk fan in Toledo I have to say I am so pumped! Michael Stewart is coming to town! WOOHOO! At least they got a draft pick, that was really the whole point.

Turn Off Ads?