Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police use Taser to subdue man stealing food from salad bar at Chuck-E-Cheese

Police use Taser to subdue man stealing food from salad bar at Chuck-E-Cheese

Seriously.

Man "Tased" in Chuck E. Cheese Salad Bar Dispute
    LAST UPDATE: 3/1/2005 12:44:09 PM

AURORA, Colo. - Police found themselves in the crosshairs of public criticism after officers used a Taser stun gun to subdue a man accused of pilfering from a salad bar at a Chuck E. Cheese's pizzeria packed with families and young children.

"They beat this man in front of all these kids then Tased him in my sister's lap," said witness Felicia Mayo, who was at the establishment with her 7-year-old son. "They had no regard for the effect this would have on the kids. This is Chuck E. Cheese, you know."

Police responded to Chuck E. Cheese's after a manager complained that a patron had refused to show proof that he had paid for food. Police spokesman Larry Martinez said restaurant employees confronted the man, Danon Gale, 29, after they saw him "loading" his plate with salad.
    http://www.woai.com/news/weird_news/...A-4F4B65B3EDC8
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Police use Taser to subdue man stealing food from salad bar at Chuck-E-Cheese

My friend was Chuckee Cheese.

She hates the song 'Happy Birthday Superstar"

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Police use Taser to subdue man stealing food from salad bar at Chuck-E-Cheese

The real tragedy here is that Chuck E has one of the worst salad bars on the planet. All that effort to steal lousy salad.

"Drop that cherry tomato NOW!"

"But it's spoiled! I was just taking it up to show the manager."

"I warned you!"

Bzzzt! <thud>
    /r/reds

Are they sure they tazed a man and not a gigantic mouse in a man suit?
    Makes all the routine posts.

How low have you sunk when you're tasered for stealing salad from Chuck E. Cheese?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    How low have you sunk when you're tasered for stealing salad from Chuck E. Cheese?
    Yeah, but it'll get your name in the papers...
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

If you're familiar with the standup act of comedian Rodney Carrington, you know that he was once expelled from Chuck-E's.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Cruisin' for trouble

This sounds like a Ron White stand-up routine.

"So I was at the Salad Bar at this Chuck-E Cheese..."

The best thing they ever did at Chuck E. Cheese was to start selling beer.

However, one time after consuming a few 24 oz. brews, I got a little too enthusiastic on Whack-a-Mole and broke the stick.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    The best thing they ever did at Chuck E. Cheese was to start selling beer
    No the best thing they ever did was close their store down the road from me. Now I don't have to take the little brats, I mean angels, there anymore.

Cruisin' for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    The best thing they ever did at Chuck E. Cheese was to start selling beer.

However, one time after consuming a few 24 oz. brews, I got a little too enthusiastic on Whack-a-Mole...

This probably sounds much worse than it really was...

For a Level Playing Field

"They beat this man in front of all these kids then Tased him in my sister's lap," said witness Felicia Mayo, who was at the establishment with her 7-year-old son. "They had no regard for the effect this would have on the kids. This is Chuck E. Cheese, you know."
    Typical of today's shock journalism. I am quite sure, as Ms. Felicia Mayo would have you believe, that the man complied with all police orders and did not put the police in a "funny spot". Unless Chuck E. Cheese has metal detectors, the police do not know if salad-man is carrying a weapon. Ms. Mayo would have you believe that the police came running into the joint with guns drawn and taser ready to shock... knocking little-ones over in the process. It is not the fault of a man thought to be stealing (that is what it is called if he was eating something that he had not paid to eat) or not complying with police orders.

I have never had a problem with the police or a taser. Why? I don't steal and I comply with a police order if given to me. Simple concepts? Sure.

RFA, what could have made the article better for you exactly? The reporter has a quote from a bystander, from the police spokesman, and she includes the original complaint from the restaurant. So, let me know, what would you have written? "Police Save the Day at Chuck E. Cheese, Nothing to See Here"?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

For a Level Playing Field

* I have read no comments from the police.
    * I have not read if salad-man was confrontational with the officers.
    * If you click on the link, you get a picture next to the story of a police officer holding a taser in an aggressive manner. Not a cop in the story, but there for shock value.

I get the opinion of one woman who was there. Is she friends with the suspect? I don't know, but I doubt that the shock journalists would care to tell me.

It reminds of another story that is probably on page 2 here now. About some poor-poor 18-year-old HS Junior (who has double negative problems) getting arrested for nothing more than writing a story about zombies. Then, after some research, I find out that there was a little more to it than what was originally reported. Why? Because the original article took the 18-year-old HS junior's story and ran with it. And "anti-police, anti-government" types run crazy with these half-stories. The zombie arrest story was all over sites that have an obvious anti-government agenda. Google it up, you'll see. No mention of what his sister said about him... just the suspect's story.

For anyone who believes this article tells the whole story, someone has some cheap swampland to sell ya. But who cares about the whole story? Sometimes fairness does not sell rags or give the right appearance for the agenda of some.

* I have read no comments from the police.
    Police spokesman Larry Martinez said restaurant employees confronted the man, Danon Gale, 29, after they saw him "loading" his plate with salad.
    Now you have.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?