Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Police use Taser to subdue man stealing food from salad bar at Chuck-E-Cheese

For a Level Playing Field

Re: Police use Taser to subdue man stealing food from salad bar at Chuck-E-Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    You know what's sad? When you post a news bit because it's a funny story, and people get up in arms over it. Can't anyone just sit back and enjoy the absurdity of a moron getting tasered because of a salad bar?

And for the record, I have no problem with what the police did. If the struggle had continued, children might have been hurt.

But... c'mon. It's funny.
    I understand where you are coming from, but it is not funny when a reporter does not give the WHOLE STORY. We saw lots of this crap during our recent election. We see it in publications that are sold at our supermarket checkout counters. The initial story has you to believe that the police were brutalizing this man in front of a bunch of poor & scared kids. And doing it w/out reason. Then later on another article tells much-much more and paints a much different picture. And don't think the original reporter didn't do it on purpose. It is called mis-information. Some publications like to say "inside sources have said"... that is all they need to justify their version.

I Googled this up. Who do you think is showing the story that was first posted here (the whole 3 paragraph story w/ a scary picture of a cop ready to zap)? Anti-government and anti-police sites. Reputable news sources give the story that was later posted in this thread.

It is not sad to dispute the accuracy of a story. It is sad to publicize a story that seems to be far from factual or tell the whole story. And yes, it is sad that this jerk put kids in danger of being hurt by his criminal actions. I hear that prison salad is paid with tax-payer money... that is the solution! Let him eat free salad!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Police use Taser to subdue man stealing food from salad bar at Chuck-E-Cheese

You can steal something as long as you offer to pay for it when you are caught.
    Mayo isn't the person that is charged with stealing. She was a bystander.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    If you're familiar with the standup act of comedian Rodney Carrington, you know that he was once expelled from Chuck-E's.
    That wasnt Rodney, that was a hobo he saw beat up a gorilla.

I think Tim Wilson put it best in his song "Chuckie Cheese Hell"
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Sorry RFA, but good parenting, bad parenting doesn't ease the effect of a 5 year old kid witnessing an incident like this. It's not as simple as telling your kid the man was wrong and now all is forgotten. A small child witnessing something like that is not a good thing no matter how the parent explains the situation.

Now I'm not saying the guy wasn't wrong. I think he was, even if he DID purchase the salad. If he was that upset he should have taken it outside and resolved it there. Without having seen the incident, it's hard to tell if the force used was necessary, although I have a hard time feeling sorry for the guy if he did what the cops said he did. But explaining a situation to a child is not going to take away the trauma of witnessing such a scene.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    You know what's sad? When you post a news bit because it's a funny story, and people get up in arms over it. Can't anyone just sit back and enjoy the absurdity of a moron getting tasered because of a salad bar?

And for the record, I have no problem with what the police did. If the struggle had continued, children might have been hurt.

But... c'mon. It's funny.
    That's the way I saw it. I think it sounds like something that would have happened to George Costanza. :MandJ:
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    That wasnt Rodney, that was a hobo he saw beat up a gorilla.

I think Tim Wilson put it best in his song "Chuckie Cheese Hell"
    Oops, sorry. I haven't listened to that Carrington CD in a few years and just remember him saying something like "Don't ever come back to Chuck-E's!" or "You can't ever come back to Chuck-E's" or something like that. I remembered the Tim Wilson song after I had posted yesterday. It's pretty funny.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

But explaining a situation to a child is not going to take away the trauma of witnessing such a scene.
    No, but it will associate the trauma to an action (defying the police), and hopefully teach the child that defying the police is a bad thing.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    Mayo isn't the person that is charged with stealing. She was a bystander.
    Alright here is my newly edited message then:

I like that thinking.

You can steal something just as long as a bystander offers to pay for it when you get caught.

Turn Off Ads?