Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heeler, Jr. shows up for Spring Training

Heeler, Jr. shows up for Spring Training

Mrs. Heeler's water broke yesterday morning about 6 weeks earlier than her due date, and 2 weeks ahead of what is considered full term. Her Ob/Gyn admitted her to the hospital and was hoping to delay the birth until closer to term.

By this morning, Mrs. Heeler's white cell count was elevated and she had a fever, so the doctor decided to induce. Heeler, Jr. was born at 7:00 this evening. He weighed 5 lbs 15 oz, and was 19 inches long.

Luckily, he is being allowed to stay in the room with Mrs. Heeler rather than the ICU nursery. If things progress as they are, he will be allowed to go home in a few days. The doctors had been preparing us for him to stay for a couple of weeks.

This is our first child, and all I can say about the experience is WOW!!! I'm pretty overwhelmed by everything at this point.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

Re: Heeler, Jr. shows up for Spring Training

CONGRATS!!!!

Congrats! Glad everyone is okay.

Heeler Jr.!

All the best RH, sounds like the begining of a great adventure.

Congratulations RH! Are you allowed to spend the night at the hospital with them? When Yachtzee Jr was born, I was allowed to stay in the room with them overnight. The hospital room had this couch that folded out into a bed, similar to a piece of dorm furniture we used to call the "flip-and-<another word for 'engage in conjugal relations'>" well you get the picture. I didn't get much sleep though, because I was just so excited.

The irony of it all was that my wife had spent 9 months picking on me for being a wuss when it came to the thought of changing diapers, but I ended up changing one before she did.

Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Congratulations
    Go Gators!

Congratulations!

TeamGriffey was a 5 pounder. Fit in the palm of my hand.

Hope he's eating well. He'll double before you know it.

Wonderful news.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Congrats Heeler. Welcome to the most wonderful and most terrifying time of your life. Enjoy each and every momement. They grow up so darn fast.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Great news, Heeler!!

Congratulations!!
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Congratulations RH. Being in the room and witnessing the birth of your child is a totally awesome experience. Only during our last child (Samuel) was it very trying. My wife had been on medication because Samuel tried to come about a 1 1/2 months earlier. So when it was time, she had a very long delivery. Earlier that day we got hit with a blizzard and everyone was trapped in the hospital. It was also the night of the College Football Championship game (Florida vs Nebraska). So while my wife laid there struglling in labor, myself, the doc, and a several nurses were in the room watching the game.

The next day my wife said that if she could have gotten hold of either one of us guys should would have strangled us!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Dude, that rawks.

Changing diapers ain't that bad - it's when they spit up on you and laugh about it that sucks.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Congratulations to you and Mrs. Heeler!!! Very cool. Participating in the birth of a child is a powerful experience indeed.

You life has now forever changed (for the better I may add).

Diapers on boys are easier, but beware of getting "shot". Hold your hand out like a shield in case Heeler Jr. gets the urge to suddenly let go.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

For a Level Playing Field

Congratulations to the whole Heeler klan!! I just went through the "first one" thing a few months ago. It only gets better, RH! Another "born and raised" REDS fan. Never enough of those in our world.

:gac:

Take my advice... start the college fund now.

my oldest is trying to decide between The University of Texas, Baylor and Kansas.

somebody please kill me. i think my wife will need the insurance money.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?