Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heeler, Jr. shows up for Spring Training

Re: Heeler, Jr. shows up for Spring Training

Congratulations! Raise him to be a Reds fan!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Congratulations!

Makes all the routine posts.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Congrats, RH. Enjoy the ride.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    Take my advice... start the college fund now.

my oldest is trying to decide between The University of Texas, Baylor and Kansas.

somebody please kill me. i think my wife will need the insurance money.
    I am starting a college fund for him just as soon as I have time to sit down and do the paperwork.

Thanks to everyone for your congratulations. The whole thing has been completely overwhelming. Just holding him brings up an emotion that I cannot even begin to describe.

Luckily, he is doing off-the-charts well for his age. The docs had prepared us for the fact that he might have to stay a couple of weeks in the hospital, and that it would not be unusual for him to go on a respirator for a day or two. As it turns out, they are going to let us bring him home tomorrow evening if everything continues as it has been.

I am going to get a web-page up for him in the next week or so. I link some pictures when I get it done.

Thanks again to all.

Congrats RedHeeler!

Congratulations! Enjoy the whole experience (well, until he walks and talks anyway). :
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker

Diapers on boys are easier, but beware of getting "shot". Hold your hand out like a shield in case Heeler Jr. gets the urge to suddenly let go.
    And never change a boy's diaper with your mouth open. Yachtzee is 34 and still hasn't heard the end of it from a certain aunt.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Heeler
    I am starting a college fund for him just as soon as I have time to sit down and do the paperwork.
    First, congrats! Mrs. Gonelong and I have an 18 month old boy and we are loving every minute of it.

Depending on your means and standing you might want to consider utilizing a Roth IRA (or a combination of Roth/529/etc) to save for college for the tyke. If you have not maxed out your Roth's for you and the Mrs. it does provide some compelling pros/cons to think about.

Here is one article, you can google and find all sorts of info.
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...09-13-ym_x.htm

I'd also suggest a membership to consumer reports (online version). You'll be buying enough stuff in the first year (furniture, swing, car seat, stroller, etc.) that it'll easily pay for itself.

GL

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Congratulations Heeler! The day I laid eyes on my first child it was like I was the Grinch in the story where his heart grows three sizes. It was like I didn't know what true love was until that moment. Enjoy every second!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Turn Off Ads?